Chapter 80

Finding happiness is unexpected. You don't how it will come in your life. But there's one thing I'm sure about happiness, it's that you can always find it in your life all you need to do is to open your eyes and you can see that light of happiness despite the darkest times of your life.

But hope is a key for you to find that light of happiness. Hope will give you the strength to seek for it. And as for me, I've finally found my happiness amd it came in the most unexpected way.

"Pedro?"

"hmm?"

"Why don't you want me to resign?"

"Behati you love what you are doing. I know that. At alam kong napipilitan kang mag resign dahil kailangan ka ng mga anak natin but I'm here now Behati lets take care of our children together while we are still living with our dreams" He said and gave me a smack on my lips

"Thank you Peter. I love you"

"I love you as always baby. Get back your resignation letter now" he said. Tumango na lang ako at nagtungo sa office ni chairman.

"Have you changed your mind Behati?" bungad niya sa akin. I gave him a smile and this time it's real.

"Thank you chairman. Peter told me everything"

"Did you know that Peter cried almost everyday because he wants to see you? He was not also allowed to because we know it will be painful for both sides. I'm happy for you Mrs. Armstrong"

"Thank you again for keeping him. Allow me to take back my resignation letter sir, I've made up my mind and I'll stay"

"Okay then here is your resignation letter take it back. Be happy, UASA will always be here to support the both of you and your kids." He hand me the letter. And we shake hands.

-

"Ma, Pa, I have someone with me"sabi ko nang makapasok ako sa bahay. Mama, papa and the kids were on the living room watching cartoons.

"Behati anak  andito ka na pal--" Mama didn't finish what she is about to say when Peter entered the house. Maski si papa ay napatayo na din.  They were shocked and I can see it through their reactions.

"Peter, anak?"Papa come closer and hugged Peter. Sumunod naman si mama at nag hug silang tatlo. Mama started to cry.

"Anak, akala namin wala ka na" Mama said between her sobs.

"I'm sorry Ma. But I'm here now, and I'm not gonna leave you again"Peter said. Saglit siyang napatingin sa akin and smiled. I smiled at him back.

"We want you to meet 2 boys anak."mama said. There, Peter froze in place while looking at Aaroon who was busy watching the TV and Sky who was crawling anywhere. He's just only a one year old boy at hindi pa siya masyadong nakakalakad. And when I galanced back at Peter, tears were falling from his eyes.

I held his hands and we wemt closer to Sky and Aaroon. He knelt and carry Sky.

"My....my son" He hugged Sky. But sky cried loudly.  "Shhhh...baby Sky, I'm your dad. I'm sorry baby I wasn't here to take care of you"pinapatahan niya si Sky. Peter looked at Aaroon
"Come here our big boy" Peter said. Aaroon went close and Peter hugged him.

"Do you still remember me?" asked Peter

"Yes. You were the one with mommy who saved many lives during the calamity in Thailand. You're tito Peter"Aaroon said

"It's Dad anak, call me Dad"

"Yes dad" Aaroon said.

My eyes went teary again as I saw the scene in front of me. Peter was still kneeling while carrying Sky and his other arm is hugging Aaroon. Aside from the scene of people united as one, the scene in front of me melts my heart where I can see my husband embracing his kids. My husband whom I thought was gone forever.