Chapter 78

The moment I stepped at the floor of the UASA's  headquarters. Memories flashed back. From the first day I stepped her where I was so happy because finally I've reached my dream.
Nothing really is impossible even though everyone thought you can not do something because you're a woman and that's one of the problem of the society nowadays, gender discrimination. Dito rin sa lugar na ito mas lalong na hubog ang skills ko, sa ligar na ito ko nakita muli ang imaginative commander ko.

Natawa ako sa naisip ko.

At sa lugar din na ito bumagsak ang mga tuhod ko sa lupa dahil sa sobrang sakit ng aking naramdaman. Yes, we saved Earth but kapalit ng kaligtasan ng lahat ay ang pagkawala ng isang taong mahal ko. Ang taong tanging meron ako bukod kay Alys. My Peter. Mapait akong napangiti nang biglang natanaw ko so Commamder Mitts.

"Behati" tawag niya sa akin tsaka niyakap ako ng mabilis. She's smiling

"I am so happy for you" sabi niya them kumawala sa yakap. She held my shoulders and looked at me directly in my eyes. I can sense happiness in her eyes. I wished I was as happy as her too.

"Happy?"naguguluhan kong tanong.

"Yeah. But never mind, the chairman is waiting for you. Come, follow me" tsaka naman ako sumunod kay commander Mitts. I remembered  how I admire her before, she's exactly the woman I wanted to be but later I just realized that I can be a better version of myself. I just need someone to admire and to become a model of me but not really be like that her.

"Pasok ka na" she opened the door for me.  She still wears that smile and it makes me curious. Ano kaya ang mga kaganapan sa UASA while I was on leave?

"Mrs. Armstrong"lumapit ang chairman sa akin tsaka naki pag shake hands.

She just called me 'Mrs. Armstrong'
Dahil ba sinita ko siya nung huli kaming nagkausap sa telepono one year ago? wierd

"It's been a while chairman"I gave him a smile.

"Have a seat" umupo naman ako sa upuan na nasa harapan ng mesa niya.

"Commander Mitts told me about your plan of resigning as a pilot officer of the UASA. Are you sure with this?" tanong niya sakin. He gave a smile. Ano bang meron sa mga tao ngayon at ngiti sila ng ngiti?

"Chairman as you can see. I already uave 2 kids and I am willing to leave my passion of flying behind for my kids." I said then I gave a fake smile.

"Yes but the world needs you Behati"he said. That sentence reminds me of someone. Bakit ba siya ang naalala ako kaagad? Is it because I'm here in the place where we first met? No I think it's more than that.

"What do you mean needs me? All I can say is that what I showed them is enough for them to change. I cannot be the hero that they  look up to, the hero that can save the day in just a call. I also have my children chairman. You can always find someone brave and better than me to save the world but you can never find a mother for my children except me." I said full with confidence.  "And now that my husband is not by my side the more my children need me. So please allow me to resign chairman"I asked him.

It's not that I hate UASA it's jut that my kids need me as their mother but one of my reasons also is that this place, the faces of the people here, and me being a pilot officer in the UASA brings back the happy memories of me and Peter. Memories that caused me to be in sorrow everytime I realize that those blue eyes of him can only be seen when I closed my eyes. Dahil alam ko sa sarili ko na hindi na siya magbabalik, that the empty pillow beside me everynight will always remain empty dahil wala na siya.

I prefer to give a smile than to let my tears fall again. I'm tired of crying. Mas mabuti nang ituon ko ang atensyon ko sa mga anak ko.

"Are you sure with that Mrs. Armstrong?" tanong ni Chairman

"Yes chairman"

"Well, something might change your mind" he smiled playfully. Ano 'to? Taoos ngumingiti na naman siya?
He pressed something on his table then two men entered his office.

It was Graham Bell with commander  Jensen

"Hey Behati, it's been a year since I saw you. How are you" Bell said smiling. Anong meron sa mga tao ngayon at ngiti sila ng ngiti?

"Yeah it's been a while. I'm doing great how about the both of you?"

"We're good boys now Behati. Not just those boys  you once knew who loves sex during vacant days" Si Jensen naman ang sumagot at napatawa na lang silang dalawa. Pati na rin ako. I remembered those days where Jensen is such a flirt but mas flirt pa din ang asawa ko. Nakakatuwa ring balikan ang mga alaala pero madalas masakit dahil alam mo sa sarili mo na kahit anong gawin mo, hindi mo na iyon maibabalik pa.

"Come with us Behati, may ipapakita kami sa'yo."Said Bell. I looked at the chairman and he nodded and it's a yes. Sumama ako kina Bell at dinala nila ako sa isang silid ng UASA na puti ang nakapaligid.

"What room is this?" I asked. Sa pamamalagi ko dito sa UASA noon, I've never been to this place and even sa blueprint ng UASA ay wala ito. So how come?

"We won't answer that question Behati. We wanted you to stay as a pilot officer and maybe through this you'll change your mind" Bell said.

"You're now here Behati and I know you love to be with aircrafts and to be able to fly them. Don't let go of this" Commander Jensen said.

I smiled at them at akmang magsasalita na ako nang inunahan ako ni Bell.

"We're happy for you. Please follow those blue lights on the ground"ngayon ko lang napansin na may mga blue circular lights na umiilaw sa puting sahig ng malawak na kwartong ito. And it's making a pathway. I looked at the two men in front of me and they're telling me to follow that path. Hindi ko maiwasang kabahan. What is waiting for me at the end of this path.

I followed it. Step by step my hearbeat gets faster and faster. Why am I feeling like this?

Until I see a man in a white uniform with golden stripes on his shoulder sleeves.The way he stands, his shoulders, his back, his height is so familiar. I am looking at his back right now then I suddenly feel tears starting to fall from my eyes. This isn't a dream right? Tell me this isn't. I know this man, how could I ever forget him. But I have no proof and it's hard to believe. There's only one thing he must do for me to believe. My tears won't stop falling, my hands are shaking, my heartbeat is racing, until the a name of a certain man escaped from my mouth

"P-Peter?"

My voice is shaking as my tears continuously fall. And when that man turns around. His eyes, the assent of him that keeps haunting me everytime I sleep. Those eyes that makes me go insane is looking back at me. This time my tear-full eyes met his blue sapphire-like eyes.

---