13

Nina's POV:

Sweating,breathing deep,hard breaths,my heart crawled out of my chest,racing like crazy.This all caused just because of a bad dream.

Daniel's POV:

I woke up to a heart hurting scream from my girlfriend.I shook her seizing body,attempting to wake her up,thank god it did.

Nina's POV:

Hands shook my body,I didn't realize I was shaking til I woke.Daniel set up,eyes full of worry.His arms pulled me gently into a hug.

Daniel:Baby girl what happened?

Me:I h-had a d-dream t-tthat you d-died.

Daniel:Princess I'm still here,and I'm never leaving.

His hand stroked small lines over my tangled hair,trying to calm my racing nerves.I eventually settled back down,able to tell him more about the realistic nightmare.

Me:It just felt so real,I thought I lost you Dani.

Daniel:Baby trust me okay,you're never gonna lose me.I'll be here as long as you need me.

Me:I think I'll always need you.

We set silently,rocking back and forth with me in between his legs,his strong muscles constriting around me like caution tape as an attempt to say whatever is beyond these ropes is broken,and under construction,well he wasn't wrong,I felt broken,like someone had taken a mallet to my heart,bursting it into a million unfixable pieces.

It kinda reminded me of one of those puzzles with thousands of pieces,you know the ones they take so long that you eventually give up,and toss it out.I felt this way only until Daniel wrapped his arms around me,it was then in that moment that I felt whole again,that I felt needed,that I felt loved,and I never wanted to let go.

Me:Can we go back to sleep,I don't feel up to going into work today.

Daniel:Anything you want princess,if you're not up to it then we don't have to.What do you say we take a nice shower to calm you down,then we can bake cookies,watch movies,and cuddle on the couch.Maybe I could even braid your hair,or rub your feet.

Me:You can braid hair?

Daniel:Yeah,I mean when you have a sister,and she forces you to stay up late and braid her hair until it looked perfect,you kinda learn and get used to it.Besides you're my girlfriend,and I wanna do it for you.

Me:A shower sounds nice,and I think I'll take you up on that offer for a perfect day.

He slipped from the covers first,fixing his sweats then extending his hand towards me,I crawled over,wrapped my arms around his neck,and legs around his waist.My head rested in the crook of his neck,his lips met the top of my head,kissing the hair,this action slowly calmed me down as well.I've dreamt about moments like this,and now I finally had them.

Me:I love you Dani.

Daniel:I love you to baby.

He moved us to the bathroom,flicked the light on,and gently set me onto the counter,the coldness of the marble sent a chill up my spine,causing me to shiver a bit.
I watched as he turnt the knobs that controlled the temperature of the water,turning the hot one first,then adding jolts of cold into it.Soon the shower was ready,all that was needed removed from our bodies was my bra,shorts,and underwear due to me throwing my shirt off in the middle of the night from becoming hot.