promises and little kisses

jihoon woke up to the sound of his mother quietly humming in the other room and a slanted eye boy sleeping soundly next to him. their hands locked under the covers.

"soonyoungie, wake up now~ nap time is over," jihoon whines wanting to get up and play. he threw the blanket off of soonyoung making the latter shiver as his eyes blinked open.

panic ran over soonyoung's face, his surroundings seemingly unfamiliar.

he felt hands cup his cheeks, "soonyoungie, you're at jihoonie's house. it's okay," jihoon said. even though soonyoung heard his best friend's voice he couldn't help the tears welling in his eyes. his tiny fists made their way to the crying orbs as he mumbled out an, "mkay, jihoonie."

jihoon's hands never left soonyoung's cheeks. his heart broke as he saw the latter in tears, what happened a few years ago probably still haunting him.

soonyoung's cheeks heated when he felt a soft pair of lips on his forehead, "you're okay, soonyoungie, mkay? jihoonie's here, jihoonie will keep 'youngie safe," he said as he placed another soft kiss on soonyoung's forehead.

"y-you promise?"

soonyoung opened his eyes to see jihoon's eyebrows furrowed with determination, "i promise!" a slight lisp coming out.

"you won't let him hurt me anymore?" soonyoung asked, his voice cracking.

"i won't let him touch a single hair on your head! if he wants to hurt you then he has to go through me first!"