Chapter16.3:

(Sherlock's POV)

While walking back to our classroom, the message can't simply get off my mind. "Back of. Leaves. Mr. Holmes" it echoes again and again.  I processed it and starting to argue with myself about it. "Back of." did she do it on purpose? "Leaves." she could just erase the 's' in it.  Why does it have to be separated by dots?  Completely mysterious...or I'm just bored.

"If only there's something that can make my day..." I muttered as I observed my surroundings.

"Look, let's be honest, Sherlock.  There is no case. You're just making it look like one.  I know you're bored, but seriously we must cooperate to something else like our grades and social life." said Scarlette as she tries to reveal the reality to me, believing that I was 'delusional' she could describe.

"Why I would I bother myself to my socialization status and grades if there is something interesting going on?" I asked.

"You asked it in a wrong way.  The real question is: Why would I bother myself delusionally to an empty threat? You said it yourself, it's an empty threat of a Chinese girl who was bullied."

"What conclusion did make of the threat?"

"Psychological possibility: Passive-aggressive behavior, letting others feel her pain a she was being bullied, seeking attention..." She paused. "Not really seeking attention, it doesn't suit her personality.  But in my opinion: She's asking for help indirectly."

"What about me? What simple conclusion did you make of that?" I pointed myself.

"Delusional and completely bored." She remarked without second thoughts..

I smirked.

"Sometimes I don't understand you." She spoke. "To be honest."

"You don't have to.  Nobody does." My eyes frowned and I looked down.

"Did it not ever crossed your mind that others tried to understand you?"

"Humans are lazy beings.  And selfish, no offense.  When they help you, there's gotta be a reason." I stated, standing in front of her.  She frowned. "Like, how you solve cases to feed your boredom instead of actually helping people? Letting people die as long it gives you a case?" She asked.

"People die, Scarlette." I told her. "People die everyday."

"Of course we do, and that encourages me to do something good.  Make something good out of it, helping souls."

I did not reply.

"Well, I try myself not to believe in that one...."

Long before I realize, I wasn't paying attention at her anymore.  There's something and someone behind her that catches my attention.

It was the bad boyz gang in band aids.  Seriously, they look pretty awful in purple-colored bruised skin.

"Sherlock?" she asked, getting my attention back. "William Sherlock Scott---"

I quickly grabbed her hand. "There's a case now." I said in excitement and pulled her.

"Sherlock!"

We walked briskly and followed the gang, I sense something going.  We followed in distance.  They took a curve and we did also.  Until we reached the dead end as they stopped in front of someone.  It was the Chinese girl.  Scarlette and I hid in a bush and I didn't realized that I was holding her for the whole time.  I let go of her hand."You said we'll be back as soon as possible." She whispered angrily. "I don't make promises and that was just an expression." I told her."How dare you." She said under her breath.