t w o

• » ⋆ ❋ ⋆ « •

september 2, 2019, monday

I woke up the next morning in a sleep-deprived haze. As I got ready, I my mind gradually returned to its normal (stressed, frantic, and anxious) state. Once I had gotten ready and ate breakfast, my mom brought me outside to take my annual back-to-school picture. As usual, I put on a fake smile and pretended to look excited. The bus soon arrived and I reluctantly got on.

"Hey!" said Emily, as I sat down beside her.

"Hey," I replied, now with a real smile.

"So are you ready?" she asked.

I laughed. When was I ever ready? "Nope," I said, "not even the slightest."

"Well good," she said smiling. "I'm not either!"

I sighed. "You know that today's gonna be weird, right?"

She laughed, and I could tell that she knew what I meant. " So...Noah Schnapp, huh?" I gave her a sarcastic dirty look. She laughed again. "Oh yeah, the last thing the crazy girls in our school need is a celebrity to follow around all day."

Ugh, I thought. I told Emily, "You know all the stupid fangirls will be following him around all day, refusing to leave his side."

"Yeah, you're right," she said. Then with a teasing glance she added, " Maybe you should talk to him."

I rolled my eyes. "Haha, very funny."

"I'm serious! He might remember you..." I gave her another sarcastic dirty look. "And even if he doesn't, you should still talk to him."

And I really did want to talk to him. I know that sometimes I can seem a bit salty, but the truth is I really am a fan. Of course I was going to support my old friend, even if he didn't remember me. So, I watched all the movies and TV shows he's been in. And seeing his portrayal of Will in season 2 of Stranger Things, I realized that he really has blossomed into an amazing actor.

But the real reason I seem a little nervous, and sometimes bitter, is because I'm scared. I'm scared that he changed. You hear all the time about celebrities who have let fame get into their heads, you know? He seems nice on camera and surrounded by his also-famous friends, but how is he going to treat us crazy fans?

As for the crazy fans, I can already predict how they're gonna act. I imagined a scene in my head: Noah being chased and trampled by a stampede of desperate fangirls. If it wasn't in the school hallway, you would think it was a war zone. I shuddered at the thought. I'm definitely staying far away from that.