Lonely With You

~Y/N's POV~ -- Heads up, L/N stands for Last Name

Waking up to the sounds of giggling, I yawn softly and stretch out my arms. A thumping of my chest instinctively tells me that something is wrong. I look around in hesitation as I see the rest of the boys crowded beside Gordie.

I turn my attention to Chris-- who is next to Lachance-- fast asleep. God he looks so peaceful when he sleeps, but I don't know how he does it. There are people stood directly next to him laughing their asses off while he sleeps there entirely oblivious to it all. It amazes me how he's always been able to put up with the noise like it was nothing.

My eyes dart back to Teddy and Vern who are standing above Gordie. 

In a more whispered and hushed tone; I speak, "What in god's name are you two doing now?"

Teddy jumps a little from the sound of my voice. His familiar grin returns to his face before he responds to me, "Oh nothing.. we just found Lachance's journal"

My body stiffens, it feels wrong to read it because he keeps it private for a reason, but I'm aching to know more about him. 

Vern quietly voices his concerns, "Well I dunno Teddy.. maybe we shouldn't do this.. right Y/N?"

Teddy lightly shoves Vern over to cross to the opposite corner where the chairs were to sit and begin reading. Almost immediately, he begins cackling louder than thunder. "Oh my god what is this?" he cries out.

Before I can even think to respond, Chris shifts up and rests on his arms while slowly looking over to Teddy. As soon as he sees what's in Teddy's grip, he darts up, rushes over, and takes it from his hands. 

"Dude what the hell?" Chris yells, "You think you can read this without me?" His face softens. 

Vern hesitantly walks over and sits by the other two, myself still standing in the corner. Vern invites me over to read with them. 

Teddy then grabs the book and flips through it before stopping, scanning the page, and smiling. "Found it" He says. 

I look over to the journal, and it's the most recent entry, not even entirely finished. Before I have time to look over the page, Teddy begins to read out loud.

"It's not often that I say this, but I think I've really met someone special." Teddy pauses, laughing. "She's unlike any other girl I've met, I barely know her but I think the two of us get along quite nicely. It feels like I've know her forever, god I wish I could tell--"

Teddy is cut off by Chris who swiftly grabs the journal from his hands. "I was down for this but damn that's too far, we can't just do that to Lachance." He closes the book; but not before finishing the page to himself. He takes in a deep breath before sliding the book under Gordie's pillow and walking back over to us. 

"Hey that's not fair, you read it!" Teddy yells out.

Chris just shoots him a blank stare, and he shuts up. Vern --of course-- tries lightening the mood and being the jovial character that he is normally.

"Hey guys I've got some PEZ if you want any"

A small smile creeps across my face, Vern always knows how to make me feel better, regardless of the situation. 

I walk over to Chris, who is still really on edge. "Hey, do you maybe want to go back to that pond? To get your mind off things?" I ask quiet enough that only he could hear me. 

"You know what? Sure." He says. 

I turn to Teddy and Vern, "We're gonna go, but please don't cause any more trouble while you're here." I squint my eyes at Teddy, "Especially you."