Chapter Nine

Sakina stood on the roof top, breathing in lungful of fresh air in the middle of the night.
The room was choking her, so she ran up here, because, this seemed to be the most peaceful place in the house, followed by the garden.

Bhai hardly talked to her these days, he spent most of his time in the shop, returned late and retired to his room. She sulked, because bhai wasn't this way. He was always an adorable brother who cared for his sister.

Salman's entry into her life, mostly changed the equations. Like most men, he too was insecure of his aura.

Sakina smiled. Her only resort was this terrific man, and the only wait of her life was to get married to him. But she knew, she would never prolong this wait.

Suddenly she felt a tremendous urge to see him, right now, at 12:40 AM.
She ran down the stairs to her room, picked up the landphone and dialed his number.

Just three rings and he picked up.

" Good morning Sakina! "

Sakina giggled. His voice itself was utter peace.
" Morning? "

" Yeah, anything past twelve in the night is morning! "

" I miss you. Please come? "

" Now? "

" Yupp. "

" Will be right there. Keep doors open. "

" Always for you, my love! "

Half an hour later, Sakina saw from the roof, Salman push open the main gate and enter into the garden. The guard, like always, kept sleeping on the chair.

Sakina immediately ran down, surpassed servants sleeping at different corners and in different postures, and reached the front door, opening it wide.

Salman slipped in, with his heart- rending smile.

" My god, your guard sleeps deeper and snors louder than I could ever do in my own bedroom. I swear there would be burglars one day, and your chowkidaar would know nothing. " , Salman whispered as Sakina grabbed him and fetched up the stairs to the roof.

She giggled again.

Salman stopped midway on the stairs.

" No. Not the roof again. Take me to your room. What if I feel sleepy? "

Sakina smiled wider, and came closer to him.
" As if I would let you sleep on my bed. "

" We'll see. " , he winked. And she died.

She could never say a no to him.

She snatched him to her room.
He crashed on the bed immediately.

" This is utter peace. I don't remember sleeping in such soft beds any time soon. "

Sakina frowned.
" No...
Talk to me! You're not here to sleep. "

" Awww! You look so cute when you frown. Do you know that? " , he got up and pulled her down to sit before him. She blushed.

" I will always be there at your service. Always talk to you when you feel lonely. Always sit beside you even if we are miles and time zones apart. "

Sakina immediately pressed her finger against his lips.

" Why do you have to talk this way every now and then?
I don't like it at all. "

Salman smiled and slowly removed her finger, and plopped a kiss on her hand. She blushed again.

" I can never think of leaving you and your memories. Won't do as well. I promise. " , he blinked his eyes.