Chapter Twelve

" This is the one delicacy I have fought the worst battles of my life for. " , Faisal stuffed the meetha paan in his mouth and smiled in contentment.

Shaahid smirked and looked at his watch. They were seated at Faisal's empty chamber.

" What kind of battles? " , he yawned.

" Battles with Naseema's abbu. This man is very dangerous as a father in law. He cannot bear men with red lips. " , Faisal grinned.

" How do you bear men with red lips? Even I can't. " , Shaahid yawned again. He definitely had red eyes now.

" Don't sound so sexist. If women can color their lips, why can't we? Also, coloring them black with smoke is a better sign of manhood, is it? " , Faisal frowned.

Shaahid nodded.
" No wonder you became a lawyer. Even I don't have points against you. But the sad part is, we are seated for an hour but not even a fly came in looking for your help. "

Faisal laid back on his chair.
" Property cases are few, but give you a lot of money. "

" Hah. Property cases ain't few, but few people find interest in you. "

Faisal looked hurt.
This man was Shaahid's school friend in Nawaabpur. Some five years back, Shaahid was too happy to find him in Fareedpur. He was already a lawyer then, no doubt a flop. But he got married to a very rich girl. And stayed as a 'Ghar-jamaai' to them, without a bit of stress in life.

" Till date nor once did you predict my future. Don't you think as a friend you owe me some privileges as well? " , he sounded hopeless suddenly.

" I know I haven't. But that's not my fault. Nothing significant ever happens with you. Your daily routine consists of waking up, chewing those smelly leaves like a buffalo, sleeping in your chamber, and going back home. That's all. "

Faisal let out a long sigh.

" True that. I cannot deny too.

And hence, I've decided upon doing some interesting stuff.

That is, to research on the beggars of Fareedpur. " , he suddenly sounded cheered.

" Great idea.
But how? ", Shaahid had no idea how people could be so lame.

" Survey kinda. How they live, how much they earn, what they eat, how often they get diseased, etc. This will be so fruitful! "

" In the sense, how many of them are your prospective clients in near future regarding property matters? " , Shaahid raised his brow.

Faisal thought for a moment.
" Yeah.... Right!!
Though I just wanted a time pass, but, you never know! "

Shaahid too thought for sometime.
" But survey won't do any real benefit.
You need to go and stay with them to know the deal. "

Faisal's face dropped big time.
" What? Are you serious? "

" I am. "

" But... How will Naseema stay without me? "

" Just like how you will stay without her. Invest yourself completely if you want result. " , Shaahid yawned for the millionth time.

Faisal was deeply moved.
" I truly have to think about it. "

Shaahid silently nodded.
And checked the watch again.

" And what are you doing these days? Still a vagabond? " , Faisal asked unmindfully.

Shaahid grinned.
" This is always the last and the most unimportant question everyone asks me. Coz they have least expectations regarding a positive answer.