Chapter Eleven

Loud bangs on the door again.

Shaahid hated the fact that each and every morning someone or the other had to come after him routinely.

The fact that he couldn't get up early was the reason he even asked Adnan Sami to keep his classes later in the day. The huge man wasn't at all ready, though gave in eventually. But look at the weird inmates of this house!

Rubbing his eyes, he opened the door only to find the enormous 'cooker', and a cry faced gardener stare at him in dismay.

Good lord. The cook had come to murder him as promised. Because the gardener's wife had eloped without a doubt.

" As you tell, his wife run yesterday night. We want answer how you know. " , surprisingly she sounded composed.

" Shaahid bhai, I have recently heard so much about you from my neighbours. My bad that I did not know you, hence did not believe you that strictly. If I did, my wife would not be able to leave me this way..... " , Murshid began wailing tremendously.

" Wait wait, don't break down Murshid! Hey! " , Shaahid caught a falling Murshid. The poor man staggered like a mad drunkard.
" Listen, love has the power to set everything right. Your wife too will return if you pray for her.

Though only praying won't do. Inform the police. Try searching for them. "

" You tell, when she come back. You talk tomorrow news correctly. So tell this. " , the cook looked serious.

" I'm not a future teller. I just sometimes find a guess regarding the person in front, gurgling in my brain.
They turn out correct mostly by chance. "
Shaahid shrugged.

" Bhaaaai I want my Suraiyaa back " , Murshid was lying on the floor. Shaahid did not even know when he had fallen.

" Maybe you will.. soon. Just don't lose hope. Try to get her back. Maybe that'll impress her. Maybe she'll return on will.

But if she doesn't, let her go. You cannot own them by force when they don't choose you.

The problem about love is, you can love anyone. But so can they. "

___

Azaad did not make it to school today as well.

Shaahid was a bit gloomy. He knew that the boy would be the best one to ask about Salman. Enquiring from the other teachers would only raise their curiousity. Shaahid hated answering questions.

Also, to be honest he hardly sat in the staffroom. He spent his day in the music room, playing and teaching instruments, at the same time thinking of ways to get Sakina back on track.

As he walked out of the school gate, his phone began ringing.

Ummid Miya.

The man mostly received the money, and the phone would soon blast with the joy he was about to display to Shaahid.

Hence, he answered the call carefully.

" Say Ummid Bhai!
I am on my way to your dhaba, if you don't mind. "

Shaahid's guess turned down to be very wrong, mostly for the first time in life.
Ummid was whispering.

" Shaahid bhai....
Sakina ma'am is in my dhaba now.

Not alone.

But with whom, only Allah knows.
Please come soon. Don't miss this. You'll be spellbound. "

Shaahid dropped the call.

He pressed his lips, and squeezed his brows.

Time to face the ghost.
But in style.