Chapter Thirty

Saajid watched her sister lay unconscious. He wondered what else was he expecting from her after she's told that Salman expired this morning in a car crash.

As planned, Rubina rang in the living room land phone through her mobile.
An anxious Sakina ran down the stairs immediately, but even before that Sophia ran and picked up the phone.

'Heeelllooo.... '

' Yes it is Saajid Ali's house...

Yes also Sakina aapa's house...

What? Accident? Why are you telling all these? Who are you? Police?

Died?
Who died? 

Salman..... Siddiqui....

Ya Allah!!!!!! " , and Sophia threw the phone in the air with overacting.

Sakina stood like a stone behind already.

Rubina ran in the scene.
" What happended Sophia why are you screaming? "

Sophia, somehow trying to control getting caught, just for the sake of Shaahid, went on with her mega bad acting. But succeeded enough.

" Rubina....

Salman......sir.....is no more.
He died near Fareedpur's entrance on the high road. A truck collided with his taxi. And killed him and his driver. "

" WHAAAAT? " , Rubina shouted twenty decibels louder.

The other maids ran in, owing to their shoutouts.

In the meantime they heard a thud.

Sakina lay senseless on the ground.

_____

Saajid Ali sat near his sister who lay unconscious on the bed for a longtime now.
He wondered all sorts of things.

Was this the transition period? 
Was she coming out of the wonder world she was belonging to all these while?

Saajid felt his cheeks wetting up.
In the process of getting his sister rid of an illusionary love, he pushed her into another illusion eight months back. He lost his sister completely.

He patted her head.
Shaahid was absolutely right. She needed to get married now, and he would make sure that happens. He had already started searching matrimony sites. He was sure this time if she came out of this terrible situation, she would love to marry.

Saajid slowly got up, and walked out of the room.

Sophia got in after sometime, looked at the seemingly sleeping yet unconscious Sakina lay on the bed.
She placed a piece of paper on the table, and went out.

____

Sakina slowly opened her eyes to discover herself in her room, alone.

She tried to recollect what happened to her exactly. She faintly remembered someone shouting of some accident.

Who was that?
And when exactly? 

She sat up on the bed.

She could hear voices in her head that mumbled in a crowd, talking of an accident.
She closed her eyes.

All she could see was she herself making way through a big crowd, and at the end reaching a completely crashed and crunched up car.

Beside that lay two human bodies covered in white.

She slowly sat down, and removed the cover from one of the faces.

Salman!!!!!

Sakina shot open her eyes.