Chapter Twenty Six

Fifteen days passed by.

Shaahid sat on his bed folding his legs in padmasana.

Time was a beautiful healer. And time was what he took to execute his plan.

Sakina had already drifted apart a lot from Salman. Yet, at times he returned to her thoughts and speeches, though mostly as a negative vibe.

Shaahid counted. He might take just a few more days to revive the accident in her mind allover again.

She might be shocked, once more, but this double impact, would reverse the illusive world she had created. In all probabilities she would herself remember that this one's fake, Salman had actually died eight months back.
And also, Salman was not the right being for her.

Shaahid breathed deep.
In his life, he had impacted many with his strange skills and words, but healing someone was a completely different feeling altogether.
And if he did succeed, he would be grateful to Saajid bhai for allowing him to play with her mind..

Someone coughed at the door.

" Who's there? "

Someone now peeped in.

" Who's that?

Murshid!!!? " , Shaahid exclaimed.

Murshid walked in with a ear to ear smile.

" So good to have you back after so many days. Did you find your wife? "

Murshid grinned, and then beckoned someone from outside the door.

Someone walked in again. Clad in burkha, with only the eyes visible.

" Here is my extremely beautiful wife, back to me. "

Shaahid smiled wide.
Though he could not cherish an ounce of the beauty of the beautiful wife, he said,
" Thanks to Allah that you got back such a beautiful wife in intact piece. "

She coughed.

Murshid chuckled.
" She was forced to run away by that 'dhongi' baba. Otherwise she loves me a lot. "

She coughed again.

" Seems so. " , Shaahid said.
" My dear lady! Will you ever run away again? "

She coughed louder.

" No no, she won't ever. That baba is behind the bars now for cheating on so many people. Whom will she run away with? " , Murshid spoke for her.

She coughed faintly.

" Looks like she needs cough syrup. " , Shaahid said.

Murshid made an indifferent face.
" No no. She has a bad habit of coughing. "

" Ohkay....
Have a nice life ahead, Murshid.
Keep her charming. " , Shaahid grinned.

Murshid and his wife walked away.
While leaving she coughed the loudest.
And Shaahid very well noticed that she dropped something at the door.

He went and picked it up.

A note,

' Ya Allah! You are so handsome.
I can stay with you all my life.
*Cough cough*
I am severely beautiful. But this terrible horrible old husband of mine keeps me undercover.
*Cough cough*
I am all willing to open up for you.
This is my number. Don't tell that creep I have a phone. '

Shaahid kept standing, scratching his stubble.

____

Peeping inside the room for one last time, Shaahid finally stepped in.