Training - Chapter 3

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to try to train the deaf Pokemon so quickly, but that wasn't going to stop Kat at all. She was determined to allow Buttons to take part in the gym battle against the rock gym leader Roxanne. Thus, the group had headed down into route 4 to train in the meadows that surrounded Petalburg. They had decided against wild Pokemon, preferring to have mock battles between the group.

But before the mock battles could even begin, she needed to get the idea of using the hearing aid through the rabbit Pokemon's head. And that....wasn't going so well. Being as jolly as Buttons was, she was bouncing around and playing like any young Pokemon would. She adored playing with Kibbles every minute of the day. "B-bwun b-bwun! (J-wumpy j-wumpy!)," she cried out as she bounced out of Kat's grip once again.

"....How am I going to get this to work...." the young girl sighed, as Dawn seemed to join her in that emotion. To be able to face Roxanne, she needed Buttons to know a fighting type move as currently the little normal type only knew moves of her typing. A typing that was resisted by the rock types that the gym leader used. And Kat had come up with the idea, after researching from her pokedex the moves Buttons could learn - that she should try to teach the rabbit the move 'Drain Punch'. Surely it wouldn't be hard.....

Yeah, she had been wrong about that as she sighed - looking at the overexcited normal type before her. Eventually, she stamped the ground hard. The vibrations rolled through the ground and to where Buttons was standing, that made the little brown Pokemon to stop and look up at Kat with fright in her eyes. Maybe she had finally clicked? "Alright, lets see...." she wrote down a note and handed it to the rabbit. God, she was thankful for the Buneary's ability to read sometimes. Before training the new move, she honestly needed to check that the ear piece's vibration ability was working.

After receiving a cute little nod from the Pokemon, Kat smiled back at the young Pokemon before telling Dawn to head about 10 meters away so that they would have a mock battle arena type location for the mock battles. Holding her clicker, she yelled over to Dawn. "You know what your doing, so I'm not going to command you if that's alright. All my focus must go on Buttons, so I can't focus on commanding you as well."

"Espy (Okay)," the psychic type came the gentle cry and nod of the head, prepping herself for the battle. Off to the side lines, Kibbles was watching intently. Both him and Kat had agreed that his turn would come afterwards, he had less problems to deal with and making sure Buttons would actually respond to commands had to come first for the dire situations that the group may find themselves in.

After yelling begin, Kat began her charge by clicking the button she had made twice. This sent little vibrations to Buttons' ear piece, causing her to react immediately and turn to her trainer. It was for the briefest of seconds, just to show a piece of card with the word 'Frustration' on it. Just a simple, two-second command. Moments later, Dawn was in the air as the frustration move was building up. Twisting her body, Dawn's tail flashed briefly before thousands of stars spilled out from the tail.

Noticing this, Buttons seemed to smile as if controlling her own decision - which both she and Kat knew she would have to do. Unique strategies were all up to her, as communicating such of a fly would be so hard. Using the pent-up frustration, her ears flung out and slapped the most worrying of the stars away from her body and heavily reducing the damage done to her. Afterwards, an almost evil smirk appeared on the rabbit's face as she leaped upwards with the force of a single powerful jump and slammed those appendages into the psychic cat's body with little remorse. However, the power of the frustration was lesser than it had been the day before - the result of beginning to befriend her trainer. Thus it would have never been enough to cause Dawn to faint as she was capable of blocking most attacks or reducing damage.