Out at Sea - Chapter 6

Alright, how was the group going to manage making it all the way to the 2nd gym of Hoenn anyway. It was across the bloody sea! Looking over at Kibbles, Kat didn't admire her chances of staying afloat if she taught him to surf. So...how. Maybe she could make a raft and have Kibbles pull it along. It could work, she guessed. So she asked around for some wood and rope, which thankfully the poke center had rope for her to borrow and an axe to cut down some logs from the forest. Then she headed back onto route 4 and crafted the boat with the help of her team.

"Kibbles, tightened the logs closer together. Wouldn't want the water to steep through," she commented, the water type Pokemon nodded his head as he pulled the logs closer together with his newfound strength in his larger form. "That's good enough, Dawn," she commented to the psychic type, who had been struggling - but managing - to levitate the logs over as Buttons bounced behind her - holding the axe between her ears. Surprisingly, the Pokemon had excellent grip with those appendages and she was at no risk of being hurt. The last member of the group, Glimmer, was slices pieces of rope with her Air Slash.

After enough pieces and rope were secured into place, the base was ready. So with some struggle, Katherine was able to make a mast out of the last piece of wood and some cloth that she used as bedding when they camped outside if they weren't near to a poke center. After that, she got Kibbles and Buttons to push it into the ocean with their respective strong appendages - Kibbles' large front-feet and Buttons' ears. Then she grabbed it and tied a piece of rope to the mast that was also tied cautiously around Kibbles for pulling the raft along. It seemed sturdy enough, she decided before calling the other Pokemon over.

After everyone was settled down, Glimmer resting on her trainer's head as she looked nervously at the water below her. However, Katherine didn't really notice as she told her 'starter' Pokemon to begin moving the raft so they could get on the move to Dewford island. "Alright, whilst we've moving. Lets think up strategies for the gym. It's a fighting gym based on my research," she scanned over the pokedex. "So, best bets would be Glimmer and Dawn," though a wisp of a frown appeared on her face as she looked at her beloved pet/friend. "Do you think you have enough control?"

"Espy espeon eon eon (I'll manage, plus I could always learn Dazzling Gleam)," there was a nod as she pawed at the pokedex to show the move she mentioned as a hue of a smile appeared amongst her purple fur. Katherine nodded at this, knowing that she'd need some time training when they reached the island anyway. She wanted to visit Granite Cave anyway, as it would be a great place to train for Brawly's tendencies to make his gym super dark as a challenge. Maybe she could teach Glimmer Flash in the process, it would certainly come in handy as a defensive strategy.

"Emolga...emol.....(Kat, I'm scared....)" said Pokemon cried from her location on her trainer's head, the group had drifted quite far from the main land now and had arrived in the middle of the ocean. There was no turning back, Glimmer knew that. But the water unnerved and unsettled her, like she knew she would fall into it and potential drown. Noticing her Pokemon's discomfort, Kat took her into her arms and held her close in attempt to comfort her.

"Do you want to go back into your poke ball," she grasped the love ball tightly, looking down at the young Pokemon with worried eyes. Sometimes, she wanted to know the true depth of Glimmer's past. Why didn't she trust water, you think she would be brave and proud over the water territory as she could easily dominate the water types with her electric typing. Yet, here she was, cowering like a baby that had been separated from its mother in a shopping center. But at the same time, she didn't want to really know as she knew it must have been traumatizing and harsh to force this poor Pokemon into this mentally crippled - not even mentioning the devastating rips on her wings - state.

Eventually, she recieved a low moan and whine that she couldn't translate well. Looking at Dawn, her confusion seemed to get through to the psychic type. Since the psychic type was able to translate words well, even without her telepathy that her species and type were known for, she ripped some of Kat's note paper and began to write. Much like how Buttons was able to read, Dawn was capable of writing. A trick that Kat had taught her in her various attempts to help the psychic type prove her worth to her father. None of it ever worked, to him; a psychic type without its psychic powers was worthless in this world. Kat read the note when the Espeon finished. "So she said 'no'?....Does she want to be brave perhaps," she looked down at the whimpering Pokemon, there was a hint of bravery there - especially a second later when she pushed away the love ball. "That's the spirit, just don't overdo it. Alright?"