surprising expectations

Kim Seunghun arrived just in time for a car to park in front of the house. The international law student spun his heels as he stared at the newly arrived convoy of luxury cars.

The first one to step out of the car was a tall japanese who held the door of the car and allowed three other people to step out.

Yedam stepped out of the second car followed by two other boys. Seunghun met Yedam's eyes and nodded awkwardly. Doyoung was right, the innocent Yedam had been replaced by this majestic one.

The group approached him in interest. The first person that he saw stared at the owner of the manor and asked, "Yedam hyung, you have a guest?"

"I did not know he would be visiting" Bang Yedam eyed Haruto in a deadpan manner and shrugged. He immediately stared at his unexpected visitor and invited, "We are having a barbecue party. Junkyu hyung and Jihoon hyung should be inside"

Seunghun followed the group inside the manor and through the garden. The view that greeted them was Junkyu standing on the grill with a kitchen tong on his hand and eyes trained on the meat being barbecued.

Jihoon was assisting Junkyu while Yoonbin has a plate of cooked food on his hand and was placing it on the table. Byounggon was arranging the dishes while Hyunsul was pouting sitting.

Junkyu was the first to notice the group's arrival. "Hmm? Hun hyung?"

Mashiho frowned and briskly made his way towards the table and took a seat next to Hyunsuk. Junkyu's eyes followed Mashiho and smiled. He motioned Haruto to take the responsibility of grilling the meat by passing the tong over before he walked towards Mashiho.

Haruto who took the tongs stared at it helplessly. Jeongwoo saw that and sighed, he took over the job and ordered Haruto what to do.

"Haru is born to take orders" Junghwan concluded as he watched his friend grumbling as he was pushed to task by Jeongwoo and Jihoon. Keita chuckled in agreement and Asahi nodded silently. Junghwan directed his attention to the table and observed, "Kyu hyung is as whipped as always"

"I think Mashi is more whipped, though. Don't you agree, Asahi?" Keita commented while Asahi sighed and replied, "it goes both ways"

Junghwan cackled as he bobbed his head in agreement. He watched Junkyu trying to console a sulking Mashiho and ended with blushing furiously while covering his face.

"Kei-kei, if you slow. We'll eat this all" Hyunsuk called while furiously waving his hand. Keita frowned as he dragged Asahi and Junghwan towards the table.

Yedam grinned as he watched Seunghun who was watching the scene stupified. He asked, "What do you think of my family, hyung?"

Seunghun collected his composure and faced Yedam who was waving at Hyunsuk back. Bitterly, he had admitted, "A warm one"

Yedam dived his hands on his pocket and stared at the person who he treated as an older brother before. Before he left without saying goodbye. The happy smile on Yedam's face disappeared and there was only a chilling gaze that pierces deeply into Seunghun's bones.

"I'd do anything to keep this family. I don't know what you and Doyoung are planning but" Yedam took a step forward, aura obviously menacing. "I advise you to take your hands off my crew"

"We are not planning anything" Seunghun replied as he withheld Yedam's midnight black orbs. "And I won't hurt anyone in your group. I don't have enough power to do so"

"You better do that, hyung. I still respect you as my tutor as a kid. Don't take that away and cut off all ties with you too" Yedam took a step back making Seunghun release an unconscious breath. The scowl was immediately replaced by an innocent smile, "I don't really care about it, Hyung. But, it's best if you give up on Jihoon hyung early. Yoonbin hyung is not someone easy to antagonize"