deafening silence

Jeongwoo grumbled slightly as he ducked his head away from attention and stared at the shivering body beside him.

"Ru, hold on, kay?" The tanned second year student knitted his brows as he checked the area. He saw Yeongue donned in his painist suit, eyes protected by silver rimmed round glasses, open the door to the backstage. He craned his neck and found Jeongwoo waving slightly at him behind a post, Yeongue nodded and signaled his guards to let both in without anyone noticing.

Haruto hissed slightly, eyebrows knitting in pain as the men carefully carried him inside the concert hall. Jeongwoo worriedly glanced at Haruto.

Yeongue ordered his guards to help Haruto up and pulled Jeongwoo to his waiting room. "Woo, what happened? You both were missing for 4 days now"

"Sorry, Gue. I followed Haruto when he was hunting down the culprit. I already got scolded by him so I know it was idiotic" cried Jeongwoo clenching Yeongue's hands for support. "Did you know about him, Gue?"

"About his family, you mean?" Yeongue stared at Jeongwoo straight into his eyes and sighed. He replied with a nod. Even as a new rich, his family has been at the elite society for a few years now and some rumors had already reached their ears. "Did it change anything, Woo?"

Jeongwoo stared back at him, shaking his head slightly. "No, Haruto has always been Haruto. He tries to make everything work even if it kills him inside. Gue, he just looks tough but he is a kid like you and I. Why did they push all these responsibilities to him? "

"Woo, you--" Yeongue sighed as he felt the tears on his hands. Tears coming from his friend's eyes. "Aren't you stepping into their world too much? You could still return to this side, Woo."

"I can't do that, Gue" Jeongwoo smiled sadly, sniffling. "I--"

Yeongue waited patiently for the other to speak. He already knew the answer, he just wanted the other to confirm it.

Jeongwoo closed his eyes and inhaled, he remained still for a few second. As he opened his eyes, it was lit up with a new fire of conviction. "I've fallen, Gue. I've fallen in love with the annoying, childish, messy, and spoiled Haruto. I don't think I would be able to leave him."

The musician offered a smile and tapped the back of Jeongwoo's hands. He pulled his bestfriend into a hug, a comforting hug. He chuckled as he stated, "I would have stopped you if you've given me any other reason. But, if it is what makes your heart happy, I could only support you"

"Mr. Kim Yeongue please prepare for your recital" the pianist's assistant announced making the two broke their hug. Yeongue fixed his suit and stared at Jeongwoo with an assuring smile, "I've told Junghwan of the situation, he should be here with a van soon"

"I don't know what to do without you, Gue"

"You'd do just fine. The Jeongwoo I raised is not a weak person. Good luck in getting your man, Woo" Yeongue patted Jeongwoo's shoulder and exited the room.

As soon as the pianist stepped out, he let out a smirk at the tall injured figure who was leaning on the wall next to his waiting room. "Heard everything?"

The boy nodded with a poker face, brows knitted in confusion. Yeongue chuckled and bid, "Good luck"

"Mmhmm." Haruto nodded. Yeongue laughed to himself as he started walking towards the stage. Haruto stopped him by declaring, "Gue, I'd protect him"

The pianist stopped on his tracks and stated, "My bestfriend is a strong person. He don't need protection but take care of him"

Haruto paused and smiled, "I will"