ten

MATURE FUCKING SHIT AHEAD (nah for real like this is the spiciest thing i've ever written, tried not to go into too much detail but idk how much ya'll can handle, read at your own risk)

"DO YOU PROMISE TO BE WITH ME FOREVER, EL?"

-

mike and el were currently cuddling in bed together. the week had gone by quickly and nothing had really happened. they were both glad that and they would be allowed to be together.

here they were, on a lazy saturday afternoon. hopper was just downstairs and told them that when they were in el's room or mike's room that they were not to close the door. of course, that didn't stop them from closing it when they weren't around to know.

mike and el were laying down on el's bed, they're legs tangled together.

"hey," mike spoke up, "i got you something." he told her. he turned his head to look at her since they were both at eye-level. el's eye's lit up, "really?" she asked him. mike nodded, smiling at how excited she got.

he reached for his front pocket and pulled out a ring case. "oh wow, aren't we a little young for that?" el joked, knowing what was in the case. mike laughed at her joke, "you think?" he said. then he opened it, it was a ring, which was no surprise to el.

the ring had a heart on it which connected in the middle, it was silver. el's heart felt like it was fluttering. "el," he said as he took out the ring and held it in between his fingers, "how long do you think we'll be together?" mike asked. he didn't know if it was a weird question to ask or not, obviously she couldn't tell the future but he wanted to know what she thought. "hopefully..." el trailed off, she didn't want to sound like she was getting ahead of herself. they were still young afterall, but they couldn't deny that what they felt for each other was way stronger than what either of them know, "...forever." she finally admits.

mikes immediately swarmed with butterflies in his stomach. he didn't expect her to say forever. "re-really?" he asked her, the ring still in between his fingers. el nodded, "is that okay? i know we're young and people would say we don't know what it takes to have a long lasting relationship at this age but...but i've never felt anything like what i feel when i'm with you." el admitted.

mike just wanted to kiss her senseless after she spoke but he refrained himself. "do you promise to be with me forever, el?" mike asked, holding up the ring. el smiled. it's a promise ring, she smiled.

"i promise, mike wheeler." el spoke, smiling at him and feeling happier than ever. mike looked down at the ring, "it has our names engraved inside of it." he spoke, he turned the ring so she could see where it said 'mike <3 el' it seemed as if el's smile couldn't get any bigger, but it did.

mike reached down for her left hand and held it up, "may i?" he asked. el nodded, "you may." she said. mike smiled and slid the ring down her ring finger.

"how does it fit?" mike asked as he saw el examine the ring on her finger. "it's fit's perfect. everything about it is perfect, mike." she told him. she looked up at him and then pulled his neck down and brought his lips to her own. it was a small kiss, then they went in for one that lingered a little longer, then went in for another one that lingered for even longer than the last one.

they pulled back and el whispered, "thank you." against his lips. they still hadn't pulled away but their lips were barely grazing each other's. "you're welcome." he said before she went in and kissed him again, deeper than before. el moved her lips against his and brought her hand up and rested it on his neck. suddenly, mike felt the tip of el's tongue lick his lips.