twenty six

I JUST TRIED TO STOP LOVING YOU

-

15 years later...

mike wheeler was 32 years old now.

he had finished college 7 years ago and went on to pursue his career path that he had dreamed of since he was a small boy.

all the hard work, all the sleepless nights in college had finally paid off because here he was now.

in his multi-million dollar home with his wife and two children. he directed and produced four movies by now. two horror films, "find me" and his most popular movie "IT" and two romance films, "summer of love" and "10 things i hate about you" which was his most recent. all of which had become huge in hollywood and made him millions of dollars.

mike had the perfect life. he had his wife, mia wheeler, his two children, noah and maya wheeler. noah was 6 and maya was 3. mike and mia have been together since his junior year of college and they fell in love. something mike thought may never happen again.

mia studied becoming and screenwriter and helped mike work on his movie "IT" mike and mia liked to keep their work and their personal lives separate so mia hasn't helped him with any of his newer film's which she was fine with. she had many more job opportunities.

they were so happy. mike was so happy.

mike released his last movie, "10 things i hate about you" in 1999 and it had been three years since his last movie release. he publicly announced that he'd be taking a break from his work to spend some time with his wife, son and at the time, his newly born daughter. people were devastated because mike had definitely became a lot of people's favorite director. they thought his movies were amazing.

mike had been thinking of new movie ideas. he had a ton in his head but none of them were really good. i mean sure, they were good but they didn't get him excited.

until one day...

it was three months ago when mike had went back home to indiana for the first time in 9 years. he didn't visit as often because in college he was too broke to buy a ticket to fly or drive over there. and when he got enough money, he was just too busy.

after all these years, they still stayed in the same place. it's not like mike hasn't seen his parents in nine years. no, he would constantly fly his parents out to california. wether it was for a movie premiere, christmas, or anything else, he would send them tickets.

karen loved it. she loved flying and she also loved california. she loved acting like a tourist and going to all the tourist spots and it was amazing. but karen wanted mike to come back for her birthday and since mike was still on his break he did. he brought mia and his kids, his house definitely wasn't big enough for all of them so they stayed at a hotel that had just been built there in 1992. it was pretty nice looking but it was quite small.

when mike went over to his parents house the next morning he saw their neighbors children drawing on the driveway with chalk.

mike remembered when he found out that el and hopper moved out of their house and to god knows where. he was a freshman in college and came home for christmas, to find these other people moving into that home. mike was sad but he learned to cope with it.