eighteen

"NEXT TIME WE'RE ALONE"

-

mike and el slowly walked down the stairs and saw nancy sitting down on the couch watching something on tv. nancy looked up at the couple and mike could feel the awkward tension between all three of them.

mike told el that she could go home and he would take care of it but she refused to let him go through this incredibly embarrassing moment alone.

mike led el into the kitchen and they got the bowls out of the cabinet and got some cereal. soon after, they sat down on the other couch that was against the wall.

the awkward tension was killing mike and el. mike wanted her to bring it up but nancy had just seemed to not even acknowledge their existence, which made mike even more terrified.

finally, after minutes of just pure silence from them, the only noises to be heard were the clacking of mike and els spoons against the bowl and the sound of the tv, mike spoke.

"are you gonna tell mom?" he asked her.

nancy looked at him, furrowing her eyesbrows. "of course not." she said in disbelief, "jesus, what kind of sister do you think i am?" she asked him. it felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off mikes shoulders. "oh okay...thanks." he said.

"but you know what i'm gonna tell you two," nancy said, looking at the couple, "lock. the. door." nancy said slowly, "it could've been mom or dad walking in instead of me." she told them.

"mike did." el said. mike nodded at that, "yeah last night...i thought i did." he told her. nancy shook her head, "well you thought wrong." she told them, "and another word of advice, if you're gonna be having sex in the house, try to do it when mom and dad are gone," nancy said, "they're gone a lot so you two are good."

mike shook his head, "we're not having sex." he told her. nancy looked at him, not believing a word of what he was saying, "mike you don't have to lie to me anymore, i already said i won't tell mom." she told him.

"he's not lying." el told him.

nancy was thinking about it.

why the fuck would these motherfuckers be butt-ass naked then?

"okay well i don't care." she said, "do whatever you guys do when people aren't around, okay?" nancy said. mike and el just nodded.

-

other than the horrible embarrassing encounter with nancy this morning, the rest of the day was good for everyone.

el and mike didn't spend much time together because hopper wanted to take el on a little father-daughter day. mike had been hanging out with nancy all day today doing stuff together and it had been fun.

later that night mikes thoughts still went back to what happened this morning.

it was great until nancy had interrupted them. he didn't even get to finish...

mike sighed, that is still so embarrassing jesus christ.

mike took off his jacket and put it up to hang in his closet. mike turned on his light in his room so that way it wouldn't be so dark. it was already 9 pm and him and nancy had just gotten back from going out to eat dinner.