[18]

~Semira's POV~ 

Rivalry.

Rivalry ~ competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

That pretty much sums up the last month of touring. I'm pretty positive Corbyn knows Jonah and I are 5th grade friends with benefits. By that I mean we make out and what not, but definitely not exclusive.

I'm not even sure why that is what makes me feel guilty after I spend time with him. And again by that I mean real time. Talking, going for a walk, watching a movie.

I can tell he is ready for a relationship and so am I yet I want options in case I need a way out. Still there is Sebastian, but he is with some other chick right now. When I say that it seems stupid because I've been with Jonah too, kind of.

However, its been strange between Corbs and I. He hasn't been himself, I don't think. I mean we lost touch for a few years, sure, but from the time I've been back with him, he seems like the Corbyn I was expecting. 

With the exception of the past couple weeks. 

Now all I can think about is, is it really worth jeopardizing my friendship with someone I've known since I learned all the letters to the alphabet?  

-

"Corbyn can I talk to you?" I asked suddenly.

Everyone looks at me abruptly. We were all watching John Wick when I just untimely interrupted. Zach paused it and I could feel Jonah's intense eyes on me.

 "Sure," he says with clear hesitation.

I stand up and walk out of the back room of the bus. I hear footsteps about 30 seconds later and see Corbyn dragging his feet guessing what I was about to say was serious.

Except, I didn't say a word. He stood unsure how to handle the situation. I was silent. He was breathing heavy breaking complete and utter peace.

I wasn't uncomfortable but I don't think that feeling was reciprocated. I sat, he sat, I scooted closer to him, he scooted closer to me.

Finally we were just laying in his bunk hugging. I see him look at me and I smile but he looks concerned.

That's when I realize I was having a tiny breakdown of tears and didn't know it yet. Don't worry, it's normal.

"I missed you," he cooed to me while petting my hair.

I didn't even tease him about the gesture he just portrayed onto me. I just mutter the same words.

"But," he trails.

Oh no whenever there is a but I get scared. I start breathing heavy, and Corbyn seems to have just had a realization of how much that word hurts me.

"Calm down," he reassures me, "it isn't totally unfortunate. I just need to know what's happening with Jonah. I could care less if you're together, I may even be overjoyed. Listen, though, if you're going to hurt him you have to stay away, for the sake of my brother and best friend Semira. The band too including all the guys careers."

"I know," I sigh. "I don't want to hurt him I just am struggling to know what I want. I know you've been exactly where I am now. He wants a relationship, I want options. He wants to go to third base, I wanna stay as far from baseball as possible. It really is just like that, and I don't know when its budging."

"Well," Corbyn began but was interrupted immediately.

"Is that true?" I hear a voice in the doorway. 

I hide knowing that voice all too well since the last month. 

"Mira," Jonah asks again, "is that true?"

"I'm not sure," I mutter, "what are you going to think if it is?"

"I just care if it's true Semira," Jonah says with no hesitation. 

I know his tone all too well. This is Jonah hurt, what I just talked about refraining from. Corbyn must of knew it too cause he sat up making my head fall from it's comfortable state. I was then forced to be sitting up facing, whatever you want to call Jonah to me. My lover, my friends with some kind of benefits, maybe just even a friend?

"I mean it's true Jonah but I don't think you hear what I'm saying," I begin but stop unsure of what to say next but when I do figure it all out Jonah stops me right away. What else is new tho? 

"I think I hear exactly what you're saying Semira," he snarls rolling his eyes looking ready like he might break. I wanted to stop him and explain  but absolutely nothing was coming out. "You just enjoy messing with people huh? You messed with me for more than a month, now your back to messing with Corbyn like you always have, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but you even mess with that bastard Sebastian who's gotten in the way since forever." 

"I think I'm just about done," Jonah turns around and before he opens the door he stands with his hand on the handle he turns around to face my figure with tears brimming my eyes. 

"What a golddigger," he scoffs and then silence. 

I really have done it now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sry for this sucky chapter but it's just to get worked up for the next one and also I've forgot about this app ngl...but I'm going to try and stay active