{Special} Nico's confession

This one is only Nico. Prepare yourselves.

You watched as the waves below splashed rapidly and viciously, almost as if they were trying to catching the floating boat. You smiled as you felt the wind through your hands. The sky glistened with a thousand stars as you admired the freedom from camp. You closed you eyes and felt the everything move around you. Suddenly the atmosphere changed. The wind tossed the air around as you tried to make it back inside. But you never did. The boat tossed around as you tried to find something to hold on to, but you never did. You were flung from the deck and you grabbed onto the side as you hung from the side of the boat.
"NICO!!" You screamed. He quickly flashed onto the deck, rushing to catch you as soon as he saw you, holding his hand out to grab you. But he never did. The scene seemed to slow as you fell. Jason suddenly rushing to the edge and jumping for you, Percy trying to make the waves slow. Nico. The impact.

Voices. That was the first thing you heard. Only mumbled at first, but they cleared quickly. You tried to open your eyes, but you couldn't. You lay paralysed, only able to hear. The voices suddenly became distinct.
"DO SOMETHING!!" The first voice screamed. Nico. Other feet shuffled awkwardly.
"We've tried, Nico. She's okay. Her body has just gone into a shutdown coma from the shock. Nothing will do anything." Another voice stated, solemnly. Percy.
"TRY SOMETHING ELSE THEN." Nico screamed again. You had never heard him scream. Or really do anything emotional.
"Nico. Please. All we can do is wait." A different voice joined in. Jason.
"I can't wait. I need her now." You wanted to cry out to Nico, but you could only listen helplessly.
"I know, buddy. I know."
"I need her."

Nico never left your side after. He sat by you. Sometimes you forgot he was there till he sniffled or shifted his chair. He slept there, always holding you hand. He cried a lot too. Other people would come in occasionally to check on you, but usually it was just him. But what worried you was that he never left. He never ate, no matter how hard anyone tried. He wouldn't leave you.
"You can't stay with her forever." Hazel stated.
"I can try." You heard Nico sniff.
"She wouldn't want you to starve yourself." Nico's grip on your hand grew tighter.
"Just. J-just quickly." He let go and you heard the door close. You felt yourself smile inside in relief. But then the other noise in the background suddenly became louder.

The steady beep-beep of the monitor, was beginning to speed up.

The door burst open as someone ran in.
"I shouldn't have left. No, I'm stupid." The monitor was increasing in speed as he cried. Nico. More people ran into the room.
"Please don't leave me. Please. I need you." He gripped you hand tightly, and pressed it against his forehead.
"Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please." He mutter. The monitor began to slow. He looked up in relief, but then it suddenly began to increase again.
"Nico!! Keep talking. It doing something." Percy exclaimed.
"You can't leave me. I need you. You're my best friend. You can't leave me. You need to stay with me. I-I can't do things without you. I-I love you." He whispered the last sentence as he gently kissed you. He lay his head next to you, crying. You slowly, but surely, moved you hand. You flexed you fingers gently round his. He sat up and stared at you as you eyes flicked quickly. Suddenly you sat up, taking in an enormous gasp of air. Nico pulled you into a hug as he cried. You hugged him back, whispering in his ear.

"I love you too."