Adorable Curses

Nico

Nico never did like Goddesses who bragged, or seemed half evil, but the annoyed insults under his breath didn’t go unnoticed. 

“Is that was you think of my magic, boy? Well, then try this on for size.”

You had been waiting for Hazel, Piper and Nico to come back from their chat with Hecate. You had a strange feeling something odd was about to happen, and as usual, your feeling was right.

“Umm… Y/n? We have a… uh… slight situation.” Hazel peered into your room, with uncontrollable giggle and she could hardly choke out the words. You gave her a confused look and followed her to the mess hall. Everyone was there, except Nico. And on the table, was one extremely ferret. You looked around in confusion.

“What’s with the ferret?” You look to see if anyone would answer. But they all seemed too be holding in a lot of laughs. You had obviously missed something.

“And where’s Nico?”

Leo pointed at the ferret and everyone burst into laughter. You had no idea what was so funny till you noticed a pile of black clothes and Nico’s sword in the corner.

“But… Hecate… He’s…” You almost fainted, but Jason caught you as your knees buckled. When you got your strength back you knelt down by the table.

“Hey Nico.”

The little black ferret turned to you. It started squeaking at you, but you had no idea what it was saying.

“Wait… wait. Um… One squeak for yes. Two squeaks for no. Are you Nico?”

“Squeak!!”

“Did Hecate do this?”

“Squeak!!”

“Did you insult her?”

“Squeak squeak!!!” You gave him that ‘I know your lying’ look.

“Squeak.”

“You little adorable idiot. You insulted a Goddess and now you’re the cutest thing ever.” You ruffled his little head. He seemed to have got more annoyed.

“You know, if this doesn’t wear off you’re going to have to be my cute, adorable, angry pet for the rest of your life.” Everyone burst into a fresh fit of laughter as ferret Nico started to squeak in angry protest. You picked him up and headed into your room.

“You’re staying with me tonight so I can make sure you don’t run off to get your tiny revenge.” Nico scurried up to as you got into bed and lay down on your chest.

“You’re lucky you’re a ferret or I would have shoved you out of bed.” You closed your eyes and eventually drifted off to sleep.

You woke to a body that wasn’t there before. It was cold and small, and was holding you tightly so you couldn’t get out of bed.

“NICO!!” You hugged your non-ferret bestfriend and he jumped out of your bed in shock of your sudden outcry.

“What?” He was still pretty sleepy.

“You’re not a ferret!!” But there was something else you noticed. The pile of clothes from yesterday suddenly flashed past your eyes. You looked at only his eyes and nowhere else as he looked down.

“Argh!!” You chucked your duvet at him as he realised he was naked. He ran out of your room and down the hall in nothing but a blanket and straight into his room before anyone else came out. You got up yourself and got dressed and went to get breakfast to find a dressed Nico acting like nothing had happened.