Chapter Ten

Song: Adore by Amy Shark

Maebry's Dress

✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

It's hours later and I'm still sick with worry when Faye finally comes in with an update on Axel

"They captured the rogue and searched our territory to see if there were any more. Axel is fine," Faye reassures me.

"Where is he? I asked, perking up.

"He's interrogating the rogue. He'll come back up here when they're done," She tells me.

"I was so sick with worry," I say.

"Axel is an Alpha. No rogue stands any chance against him. There is no need to worry," She reassures me again.

"I know but I can't help it. If anything happened-" I stop, too pained to continue.

"Don't think like that. He has a whole pack supporting him and a beautiful mate he wants to get home to," Faye squeezes my hand, and leaves me to think. I wait for Axel, a little less worried than before.  A while later he walks through the door and I jump up and into his arms.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack," I inform him.

"Sorry 'bout that," He says with a smile.

"Let's go to bed. I'm exhausted." I say pulling away.

"Will you be mad if I told you that we had one more thing to do?" He asks.

"Yes. Yes, I would." I joke.

"Well, Sebastion is being expelled from the pack today." He informs me.

"So what?! Just put his bags outside and kick his ass to the curb," I pout. Axel throws his head back and laughs.

"I wish it was that easy, love. It's tradition to hold a public ceremony," He says when the laughter dies down.

"Well, let's get it over with then." I concede. We head downstairs and Axel orders the whole pack to come outside. After a while, when the whole pack has come out the lawn Axel puts his hand on my lower back and leads me to the front of the pack. I'm nervous, standing in front of these people. I never realized how big the pack is but now that we are all in the same room there must be hundreds of people here. Sebastion is led out of the cells by Lee and he nearly has to drag him because he can barely walk. I gasp when I see his face. Both of his eyes are swollen shut and his lip is busted. I cringe, thinking about how much that must have hurt.

"We are here today because someone in this pack has disrespected our luna and therefore disrespected me," Alpha begins. "Your luna is the other half of me and therefore the other half of this pack. She holds the same authority as me and anyone who goes against that authority will have the same fate as Sebastion." Looks of fear cross the faces of pack members and hushed whispers fill the air around us until Axel orders them to be quiet.