Chapter 9

Chapter 9

*Aneesha*

I couldn't ask for a better celebration. This year my birthday had been very eventful. I was content. Who knew I'd find such a man to be my husband who could make me feel so perfect without doing anything unexceptionally special. He indeed was a gentleman, but the flirt in him slipped out a lot. Nonetheless I was loving it. 

I had been thinking about us. About us as a couple. Lately, I had been craving for his touch. He had held my hand before, but I never felt the tinge I felt tonight every time he casually placed his hand on mine. 

There was this tension between us which I had never felt before. I was nervous, hesitant also excited all at the same time. Where was this heading? Maybe the wine was loosening me up a bit. I wanted to hug him and give him that kiss he wanted last night. But, I certainly did not want him to think it was in return for all he had done for me today.

I turned to him as I removed my sandals. It was dark, and I lost my balance a bit but immediately he held my arm. I loved the gesture. I moved my palm and placed it on his shoulder. I knew his dazzling eyes were on me while mine were on my sandals. I whispered a "thank you" once I was done. He nodded and walked over to drink water, switching on a light golden light lamp on the way.

I stood at the window. The night had grown chilly. I folded my arms rubbing my palms over my cold arms. 

"I love the weather here." He spoke standing beside me leaning over the window sill. 

"I love those potted flowers more." I said pointing to the ones in the small garden our host's had beautifully maintained. "We'll buy some from here, before returning." I added. 

"hmm.." he hummed looking at me. I couldn't help but admire his eyes. They looked like the finest blue I had ever seen. He stepped closer. My eyes drifted all over his face. 

Handsome! How on earth I had never looked so closely? 

His lips were inches away, perhaps two. Oh, no overthinking anymore. I stepped closer covering the remaining distance. Sliding my arms around his neck trying to shove away the nervousness in my mind. I couldn't make the next move. I was glad whem he did.

His soft lips brushed over mine. Oh, the feeling was so beautiful. It wasn't that it was my first kiss. But it felt like the first of a kind.

It was slow and soft, gently his lips moving against mine. Then there was a sudden rush of heat. He moved his tongue gradually and teased my lips. I loved the feeling. I slowly pressed my mouth against his, encouraging him. 

The heat grew stronger. I felt his arms around my waist. The sudden warm feeling was inexplicable. I broke apart abruptly to breathe. He was breathing heavily against my cheek. I didn't have the courage to meet his eyes. I could only hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. 

I felt his fingers brush my cheek. A toe curling feeling gushed over me. I turned to face him. My eyelashes fluttered as a knot formed in my stomach. His thumb reached my lower lip. 

In almost natural respons, my lips parted slightly. Almost as quick as lightening he was kissing me again. This time more passion in his manner. His scent was messing with my senses. His movements against my mouth rendered me breathless.

 I gasped pulling away. He literally took away my breath. I stared at him taking shaky shallow breaths. He pressed his lips against my cheek his stubble pricking me in the process. I could feel myself growing wet. What was this man doing to me?  

He looked at me intently holding all my attention. The entire moment was magical. I pressed my lips against his cheek mirroring his action. I noticed the soft smile steadily spreading out on his face.

I felt his hands venture over my lower curves as though exploring. I look up at his eyes. He needed more than a kiss. But am I ready? What if, what if I don't meet his expectations?  I stare at him, feeling the movement of his hands. I love it, no doubt. It's sensual. But perhaps I need some more time to prepare myself. "Sidhanth.."I whisper.

"I loved it." He murmurs nuzzling into my hair. I blush, loving what he's doing. I slowly pull my hands back.

"I--umm- maybe..we can.."

"I know. We'll take one step at a time, no hurry," he spoke cupping my face and kissing my forehead.His hand rested below my ear, his thumb caressed my cheek as our breaths blended. I loved every kiss he showered upon me. It made me feel desirable. What more a woman could ask for?

"Thank you — for everything." I said hugging him. This time our hug was more intimate than all the previous ones. My body pressed against his and his arms fully around me, curving around my waist intimately.

His touch made the room warmer somehow. I wanted to stay a little longer like that and he let me. None of us spoke. 

The hug was a simple gesture, perhaps the beginning of something called love.

Hope you're enjoying this book.

Do drop in your views/thoughts/suggestions or any feedback.

– Anami! ♡

Don't forget to hit the vote⭐ button!