Chapter 14 - Anger unleashed

As my wings grew in I found it hard to fit into the front seat, so I moved to arrange myself in the back of the van with Dolores. Five had left this plane of existence a while go as he stared down the road, so I was left to amuse myself with whatever I could find in the rubbish I was sat in. It wasn't long before I myself had zoned out and I slipped into a light slumber.

I was awoken by a violent shaking of the van. Sitting up, I say Luther struggling to fit into the front seat beside Five, who we already far beyond irritated. Realising Dolores was no longer in my arms, I looked up to face Klaus who was coddling her in the corner.
"Any luck finding your one eyed man!" After some short commotion about the sudden arrival, Klaus leaned forward into the front seats, pulling me with him.
"What's he taking about?" Luther was irritating me already.
"Who cares, it's Klaus. What do you want, Luther?" It was clear this had nothing to do with Five's current plan.
"You need to come back to the house. It looks like Grace had something to do with Dad's murder." Luther really had his priorities in check. Five was having none of it.
"The apocalypse is in 7 days and you're still going on about Dad's death?" I wasn't having any of Luther's bull today. My name formed a question as Luther turned, with some effort, to look at me.
"You're here too? You should both come back to the academy." I was about ready to whoop his arse.
"Don't act like you give a shit now, Luther. MUM has been broken long before you all came back and I've looked after her, alone. So fuck off with your attempts to pretend like you're the god damn leader." Being trapped in the front seat meant Luther was unable to try to attack me if I angered him, so it was now or never to let out my grievances.
"Did I ever tell you guys about the time I waxed my ass with chocolate pudding?" Neither of the men in the front seat had the patience to deal with Klaus, so I softly ushered him out of the van as they tried to kick him out.
"I am the leader. I'm Number One." I was sick and tired of the man thinking Dad's constant praise meant anything other than he was easier to manipulate than the rest of us.
"You ain't shit, Luther. You're the weakest of the lot of us. You think you're worth something because you have the name Number One? That was just some shitty potluck we all got thrown into. Vanya doesn't even have powers and her number is better than mine if we're running by your fucked up logic." Luther's only weapon against me was violence, and since he could try and run me into the ground he just sat I'm defeated silence.
"You haven't had any kind of hardship in your life and you think you have. Look at the rest of us and then shut that stupid mouth of yours." Now he was angry.
"Dad sent me to the moo!.."
"DIEGO SPENT EVERYDAY DEALING WITH DAD'S RIDICULE ABOUT HIS STUTTER! HE HAD TO WORK HIS ARSE OFF TO GET EVEN AN INCH OF KINDNESS FROM HIM! ALLISON LOST HER ONLY DAUGHTER TO A MAN WHO DOESN'T TRUST HER BECAUSE OF HER ABILITY! KLAUS SPENT MOST OF HIS CHILDHOOD LOCKED IN A MAUSOLEUM AND HAD TO RESORT TO DRUGS TO DRIVE AWAY THE GHOSTS! FIVE GOT TRAPPED IN THE FUTURE IN THE ACTUAL APOCALYPSE FOR 45 YEARS AND HAD TO KILL TO GET BACK TO US! BEN DIED! VANYA SPENT HER ENTIRE LIFE ALONE AND REJECTED BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T HAVE AN ABILITY! I HAVE BEEN STUCK AT 13 FOR THE LAST 17 YEARS AND HAD TO SUBMIT TO DAD'S EXPERIMENTS FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM UNTIL HE FINALLY DIED! AND YOU GOT SENT OFF TO DO A JOB PEOPLE SPEND THEIR LIVES AIMING FOR BECAUSE GOING TO THE MOON IS NOT A BAD THING! YOU HAVE NOT HAD HARDSHIP IN YOUR LIFE LIKE THE REST OF US SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOU HAVE!" Had we not been inside a small van I would have definitely tried to ball Luther's eyes out for daring to say the moon was a burden on him, but I had to settle for screaming my emotions out.
"I was alone for 4 years on the moon!" Oh I'd have definitely killed him by now.
"I was alone on Earth for 12. Five was alone on earth for 45. The moon means shit all." Luther was getting worked up himself.
"You weren't alone! You had Grace and Dad and Me!" I was so past angry I felt calm.
"I was locked inside that house from the moment Vanya's book was published. We did not talk to each other. Mum is a robot. Dad experimented on me almost every day. I was more alone than you could even fathom on the moon." I was done talking, allowing myself to slump behind the seat to breath where Luther couldn't see me.
"I came back from the future to save everyone." Five finally piped up, turning to make eye contact with Luther.
"You know what Five! You know what your problem is? You think you're better than the rest of us! You always have. Even we were kids. But the truth is you're just as messed up as the rest of us. We're all you have. And you know it." When would that idiot just shut his mouth and leave?
"I don't think I'm better than you. I know I am. I've done unimaginable things. Things you can't even comprehend. Just to get back here and save you all." Klaus' shouts could be heard as he ran across the street, stolen good flying from his arms.
"But I'm starting to regret that. You should go. Now." Luther left without another word, slamming the door to the van so it shuttered violently, threatening to tip on its side. The van settled into silence as it settled back on its four wheels.
"You okay?" Five leant back to look at me. I nodded. It felt good to get my anger out, but now I just felt a little numb.
"You didn't say it continued after I left." I pulled myself off the floor of the van to lean into the front so Five didn't have to to keep straining his neck to look at me.
"It never stopped. Even after I was banned from missions and locked inside. I don't think anyone knows. Other than Luther now, obviously. He'll probably end up telling everyone." Five took me hand in his and gave me a soft smile. And for the first time in a while I felt safe.