twelve

"NATASHA? JAYMIE!"

Trapped in her own mind and scared, the sound of the loveable Doctor Bruce Banner was echoing against the walls.

Jaymie and Natasha were being rescued.

Getting to her feet, she pulled down her suit to cover herself and immediately jumped up and grabbed onto the iron bars. "Bruce? Bruce, oh my god!"

Soon the scientist came before the two women trapped, his eyes darted to the both of them. "Are you alright?" Jaymie nodded harshly, gulping when her mouth was dry.

"The team's in the city, it's about to light up," He informed the two. Jaymie was left defenseless since she stupidly left it on the quinjet, but Ultron would have taken it anyway.

Natasha looked a Jaymie, "I don't suppose you found a key laying around here somewhere."

Bruce pulled back from the two and pulled up a type of gun and shooting at the lock, starting to help, Jaymie and Nat pushed back the gate and jumped out from the cell.

"What's our plan?" Jaymie asked as she huffed.

"I'm here to get you to safety,"

Natasha and the girl looked confused, "the job's not finished." Bruce looked to the ground, "we can help with the evacuation, but I can't be in a fight near civilians and you both have done plenty."

"Bruce, please. You don't need to turn green in order to stop whatever is going out there, you are just as strong," Jaymie's eyes saddened as the doctor followed. "My fight is over, but yours isn't. You can go out there and defeat Ultron with your father and the others but I can't, Jay."

Bruce and Natasha look at the younger girl as her eyes searched for his, he was lost. And he was scared, and she could see that she was scared as well but she knew that this fight needed to stop.

"Go, Jaymie." Nat turned to the girl, giving her one last smile before seeing her on the battlefield.

Jaymie's small arms stretched out to reach around Bruce's neck, he gladly so appreciated the girl's affection towards him, seeing the human besides the monster. She also hugged Nat, turning away from the two as she ran out the way Bruce came in. Going outside into the brisk weather, Jaymie used her instincts.

She wasn't going to make it there in time on foot, so using her surrounding eyes she pierced over to see an unoccupied motorcycle. Shrugging, Jaymie slid over and hot wired the bike, it only took her a short five minutes. No one's gonna mind if I borrow it right?

➸➸➸

It was still dark as the sun came up in the country of Sokovia, and Jaymie was rushing. Entering the city, she could see a sea of many different cars and people leaving the same way that she was coming in.

She dropped the motorcycle off when she was clear enough in the city, she could see Steve leading the people in their cars across the bride. Jaymie ran around searching to find her father, knowing that he was in close proximity.

"Dad!" She yelled out as the man before him with her quiver on his back as well as his. Clint turned around to see his daughter, alive. "Jaymie," the father ran up to the daughter and embraced in a tight hug.

She sighed in relief, the feeling of safety was washing over her. Jaymie and Clint look at each other, happily. "I thought that you were dead," her father said.

"Come on, Dad," Jaymie sucked her teeth and pursing her lips, "Did you really think I wasn't going to fight for my life?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I knew that but I had to make a statement of the wellbeing of my daughter," He chuckled. Soon realizing that he had something of hers, the weapons she carried.

Jaymie gasped when she saw the quiver of her own arrows and the daggers she carried on her waist, soon she became confused as to why different arrows were in the same pouch.

"Dad, did you put your own arrows in here?"

Clint nodded, "yeah. You were running low on yours so I stuck a few extra in there, including this." He pulled out a red ring and a black handle hanging from his finger. Jaymie's sword.

She squealed, taking it and putting it own her waistbelt. Loving her choice of weapons, Jaymie built these with her own two hands-- and she was not letting herself lose these again.

"Okay, so how are we planning to stop him?" Jaymie said, referring to Ultron as he claimed to want 'total annihilation'.

Clint looked at her, "well, save the civilians first. Clear them out of the city and if anything happens, kill 'em." The two began running, following the respective orders.

"You know, we do have to talk about me designing your next bow...it looks like it needs an upgrade," Jaymie breathed out.

Clint turned to his daughter, "can we save the world first before you insult my bow?"

"Yes, we can!" Jaymie yelled as she parted ways with him, stopping clusters of cars and directing them to safety.

➸➸➸

While trying to escort people to safety, many of Ultron's bots started to swerve around the civilians not before blowing a few things in their way first.

Screams took over as the attacks started to happen, still protecting, Jaymie yelled for people to stand back from the robots or to run from safety. Soon afterward, Jaymie was hit by one of the legionnaires. The metal cutting up her hands and fingers as she pushed it in the face with her fist, the bot in her hand died before being thrown to the ground.

Now, Jaymie shot several arrows in the faces of the black and blue machines. She punched and stabbed her way through to protect the people surrounding her, watching them all runaway. Not letting her guard down, she watched as the blue and white streak fly past her and destroy the robots.

She smiled to herself as she watched the Maximoff boy pass her. If Pietro was her helping, that meant Wanda was here too.

But that smile faded to concern as the ground before Jaymie began to shake underneath her feet, the ground started to crumble.

Jaymie yelped as the city soon make crackling sounds, she watched as men and women fell into the earth that was beginning to rise into the sky.

AUTHORS NOTE!

this chapter felt way too short but more is coming :) and i just wanna thank everyone reading, voting, and commenting because it really makes my day because y'all are awesome!!