thirteen

BUILDING SHATTERED ALL AROUND, as the city as we know it was falling apart at the seems. Not even going to lie, Jaymie Adams was afraid. She was afraid of what would happen if suddenly, the rocks and gravel underneath would give out and the archer going down with it.

And any signs of danger made the girl crave her father. She needed to be by his side if anything went wrong, so she ran. The girl cowered in fear as she located her father, in the middle of the alley, Jaymie stood next to Clint who gave her worried eyes.

"Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise only to fall, you Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword and the earth with crack with the weight on your failure. Purge me from your computer's, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal." Ultron's voice can be heard from the cloud's above, taking in all the screams from different civilians.

Taking no time, Clint and Jaymie shot at incoming robots flying above their heads.

With her communications system plugged into her ear, she joined in right as she heard Tony's voice, "Cap, you got incoming."

"Incoming already came in," Steve groaned. Not to laugh at his pain, Jaymie chortled, running at danger and shooting her bow at robots.

Hiding behind a car, Jaymie's breath became ragged. From her few fights so far, cuts and bruises began to bleed and she could taste the metallic feeling in her mouth.

"The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed...walk it off," Jaymie smiled, feeling motivated by Steve's direct message.

She finally felt actually worthy of being here, in this exact moment. Jaymie was so bewildered to be on a team, she was only able to trust one person but he wasn't here anymore- the girl needed to step up. She had every right to be standing with her new friends and family, she was destined. All that soul-searching, finding out who she truly was or what a monster Jaymie deemed herself to be.

The girl couldn't feel anything but heroic, pure bravery and talent. She was saving lives right now, in the past, she would have been sitting on her couch watching the news cover this. She was free from her demons she so claimed were there, the voices in her head finally stopped yelling.

Jaymie was new, reborn again.

➸➸➸

Jaymie and Clint now ran together, still shooting as more of Ultron's robots flew down to attack them. Jaymie bounced herself off of a car, flying still in the air and shot an arrow at the android, her footwork nice and clean.

Looking in the air as more hurtled towards them all, Wanda screamed as Clint grabbed a hold of Jaymie and her. All three of them crashed into a window right as an explosion passed their feet, Jaymie coughed when dust was inhaled into her lungs.

"How could I let this happen?" Wanda sobbed as both the father and daughter went to calm her down. Clint shushed her, "hey are you okay?"

"Wanda," Jaymie called out and her eyes followed the girl, she didn't hear the two and talked in whispers.

Clint grabbed on to Wanda's shoulder, "hey, look at me. It's your fault, its everyone's fault, who cares? Are you up for this, are you?"

The witch panted and her eyes looked distraught and shattered. "Look. I just need to know 'cause the city is flying, the city is flying. We are fighting an army of robots, and me and my daughter only have a bow and arrow, none of this makes sense." Clint said and a few bullets come through the wall, making the two young girls jump.

"But the both of us are going out there because it is our jobs, okay? I can't do my job, watch out for her, and babysit. Doesn't matter what you did or what you were, if you go out there then you fight and you fight to kill. Staying in here you're good, I send Jay to find your brother for you, but if you step out of that door -and you as well- you are an Avenger."

Wanda's eyes matched Jaymie's, she could only give a sincere look. "Wanda, I need you. We all need you, but staying here is not an option," Jaymie said and slowly reached for Wanda's hand. "I blamed myself for a lot of things: my boyfriend's death and how I wish I could have stopped it. I wanted to quit and give up, but now I am here fighting for all these lives including my father's. Please," both the girls were relatively the same age so they could understand each other's pain.

Clint stood up, "good chat," before walking away. He called out for Jaymie but she didn't follow behind, the two girls exchanged looks and now hands.

"It takes a lot out of a person to save others, and myself included wasn't ready. But those people want heroes, us, to save them from what's going outside. And I could really use a friend right now to back me up," Jaymie said and still having the sliver of hope for Wanda. Looking at the girl made Jaymie forgive her for putting those visions of Arryn in her head, it made her stronger now.

Kicking the door open, Jaymie placed an exploding arrow in her bow. Before she could walk out, she waved her small hand at Wanda who was taken back by Clint and Jaymie's words.

➸➸➸

Relentlessly, Jaymie was not giving up just yet. Her body ached and was bleeding from several parts her body she didn't have enough time to check for them though, she aimlessly rolled over to team up with her father -who of which hadn't got one scar on him since this battle started- shoot his arrows flawlessly.

The girl groaned as she hid behind a car and looking to see more of the robots. Jaymie just wanted to take a hard nap, not before eating thousands of food, then she was going to take the hard nap.

To her surprise though, she was so happy to see Wanda Maximoff coming out of the doors and manifesting her powers to tear more of these Ultron bots apart.

Jaymie breathed out, chuckling and stabbing the machines in the heart. She smiles and watched the girl make a red ball and wafting it at three robots, Wanda turns to Clint and Jaymie. Clint replied with a nod, Jaymie's lips turned into a smile. "That's my girl," she said.

The three walked together, "we're all clear out here,"

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve yelled back into the coms, after that she heard the sounds of clashing. "Coming to you," was the last thing Jaymie could say out of her mouth, not before Wanda was suddenly scooped up by Pietro and both the father and daughter jump back.

Clint drew back his bow, "nobody would know, nobody." Starting to jog, Jaymie really tried not to laugh with the doom atmosphere around her. "The last time I saw him when Ultron was sitting on him, yeah he'll be missed. That quick little bastard, I miss him already!"

Jaymie's head was now lifted up in the sky, laughing at her father. "I'm starting to take a liking on that smug blur!"