Greggs Complaint

Last year I'd bought a perfectly acceptable Steak Bake from Greggs for £1.20. Slightly well done on the edges but perfectly edible and certainly suitable for my maiden effort. Would the UK's leading Pastry Powerhouse wish to keep my custom, or would they ignore it like the obese 50 year old singleton at an orgy?

I have edited a couple of details to hide identities and addresses. I ain't that daft to stick my address on the internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Henderson

My address

To the CEO Ken McMeikan and your complaints team.

Now I'm not the type of chap to complain for the sake of it so it’s with a sadden heart that I feel that I have to contact you. You see Ken, I’ve always enjoyed the full range of Gregg products. Sometimes a product has been a little on the tepid side, and I remember one time when I was served what I thought was going to be a delicious steak bake only to have my taste buds insulted with the warm salty personification of regret by means of a baked bean and sausage bake. Baked beans are wrong on all levels Ken, I’m aware this is just a personal preference, but for me it’s akin to necking a pint of milk after brushing your teeth. However I’ve let these indiscretions go, life’s too short and we all make mistakes right?

I’m a long time customer Ken, and I’ve over looked the fact that your products have probably contributed to my future heart attack. It’s a price worth paying for good tasting pastry. Imagine my joy when you opened a Greggs close to my place of work. The four different sandwich vans and 2 burger bars were to be visited no more. And these competitors delivered to my place of work. Imagine that Ken, I didn’t even have to leave the building for sustenance. But Greggs is worth that 10 minute walk, even if it’s raining.

Except today Ken, except today. A colleague did a Greggs run Ken, and I was anticipating my Steak bake like a child anticipating Christmas except there was no joy Ken, look at it Ken. I’ve attached a picture for you. It’s burnt.

There was no lovely fluffy pastry giving my tongue a taste sensation today Ken. Not only was it burnt it was cold. My Labrador wouldn’t even eat it and my Dog has managed to eat a carrier bag. It wasn’t fun when I had to get it out her back passage once it’d passed through her system but even that moment was more preferable to this steak bake.

I am saddened by today’s events and it has left me reconsidering whether I should return to the sandwich vans. The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth, metaphorically and literally.

Regards

Adam Henderson

-------------------------------------------------------------------

From: get intouch [mailto:XXXXXXXX@greggs.co.uk]

Sent: 28 October 2011 11:27

To: Adam Henderson

Subject: Out of Office: Complaint

Thank you for getting in touch with Greggs. It’s always great to get feedback from our customers and we do appreciate it. We wanted you to know that we’ve got your mail and will reply within the next 5 working days. Kind regards Greggs Customer Care Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Greggs plc CS 

Sent: 28 October 2011 14:56

To: Adam Henderson

Subject: Greggs Call Reference XXXXX

Dear Adam,