━━ seven

EVELYN AWOKE IN SHURIS LAB, SHE FELT a head softly on her stomach

EVELYN AWOKE IN SHURIS LAB, SHE FELT a head softly on her stomach. She smiled when she realized it was T'Challa the man that sent off butterflies in her stomach. She ran her fingers through his hair as she could hear him begin to stir in his sleep. She quickly retracted her hand as she didn't want to wake him up. His head turned so he was facing her and all of a sudden his eyes began to flutter open.

She smiled warmly as she couldn't wait to see his reaction. When he sat up he rubbed his eyes and gasped. "Evelyn!" He pulled her into a hug as she laughed and wrapped her arms around him. They pulled away slowly as T'Challa kissed her. She was shocked by the kiss but kissed him back. Evelyn pulled away from him and kissed his nose.

"That took longer than it needed to."

They turned their heads as their eyes landed on Shuri. "Ah, Shuri, Shut up." Evelyn laughed as she sat up more and let her legs dangle on the side. "How long was I knocked out?" Shuri sat down on a chair and sighed softly. "You were knocked out for couple days. You lost a lot of blood. I was worried you weren't going to make it." The room went dead silent as Evelyn's smile was replaced with a frown.

"Well I'm here now."

Evelyn got up from her seat but then remembered that their was a major fight that happened before she knocked out. "Oh my gosh, I just remembered. The fight. What happened? Where's Erik? Actually where's my dad?"

Shuri and T'Challa is exchanged looks with each other then T'Challa cleared his throat. "Erik Killmonger is dead." Evelyn gasped softly as she didn't expect for him to be dead. "I wanted to save him but he said he wanted to be with his ancestors. The border tribe stopped the fight and M'Baku came to help. As along the lines of your father he is safe. He helped along us and he is always welcomed to Wakanda. Though he went back to the United States because of an something urgent he didn't tell us. He told him yesterday that you were getting better and that you should wake up soon."

Evelyn sighed in relief as she was happy that her father was okay. She was happy how everything's turned out the way it did. "He thought you might want to stay in Wakanda longer or maybe even permanently because of a certain somebody?" Shuri extended that permanently as she winked over at her brother. Evelyn turned her head over at T'Challa as she smiled at him with a loving smile.

"Permanently it is."

    • • •

EVELYN AND T'CHALLA WALKED HAND IN hand walking down the streets of Wakanda. She smiled at people who walked past them and she took in the beautiful sun. She felt like she was at home, like she could be here for the rest of her life.

"Thank you," T'Challa mumbled as Evelyn turned her head to look at him. "What did I do?"

"You saved me. You saved my family. Our nation."