Chapter 35:Tobias

I wake up with a pounding headache. I look at the clock. It's eleven twenty-five. I realize that I'm hungover. I get up and go shower. When i get out, Tris isn't here. Then I realize that we had a fight last night. I only remember parts of it: something about a Stiff and needing to be more Dauntless. I take some Advil and make some toast and coffee.

**

Around three, I have the whole story pieced together. I decide she is most likely at Chris's apartment, so I go there. I knock and Chris answers. "Oh, it's you," she says.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean-never mind that. What do you want?"

"Is Tris here?"

"She's still asleep."

"It's three thirty! Are you serious?"

"Would you like to come in?"

"Yes. Please," I say as I walk in.

"On the couch." I look over and Tris is sleeping there. She looks so beautiful. So peaceful.

"I have to go to work. You guys talk, do whatever you nee to do to make up. I don't care," Chris says as she grabs her keys and walks out. I walk over and sit on the edge of the couch and look at Tris. I soon as I sit down, she wakes up. She looks at me, rolls her eyes and turns away from me.

"Morning," I say. She just sighs. "Hey. Will you at least look at me?" I plead. After a long minute, she takes a deep breath and rolls over.