Chapter 38:Tobias

I wake up and roll over to see Tris, sleeping. She is so beautiful when she sleeps. I kiss her forehead and she opens her eyes and smiles. She grabs my waist and pulls herself closer to me.

She kisses my cheek and says, "Morning," her lips brushing mine as she speaks.

I laugh. "Hey. I don't have work today. We could just lay in bed all day." As soon as I say it, she gets up and runs to the bathroom. I don't know what's happening, so I follow her. She threw up. I walk over, pull her hair back and rub her back. "You okay?" I ask.

She only coughs. She sits back and looks at me. I hand her a Kleenex to wipe her mouth. She takes a deep breath and says,"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Are you sure? People don't usually puke for no reason."

"Yeah, I'm okay." I help her stand and she hugs me.

"What do you want for breakfast? I can make anything."

"Just toast and coffee is fine. Thanks."

I make the toast and coffee and take it to her. "You know, a simple 'no' would have been okay," I joke. She laughs and rolls her eyes.

**

We go to the paint store and pick out paint for our apartment. We decide we don't want an "Abnegation" or "Dauntless" house. We end up picking out a tan color. We get rollers, paint trays, tape and plastic to cover the carpet. Next we go to to the furniture store and get a queen bed for the guest room, a new couch, bars tools, a table and chairs. I head home and Tris says she has errands to run, so she stays. I go to our new apartment and start painting the guest bedroom. The rest of the furniture comes tomorrow so Tris will be there while I work.