o.7

[Picture is of Mila Kunis who will be playing Veronica Roth. Thanks so much for almost 2K reads!]

Lola Roth

Veronica held my arm as we walk down the empty ally ways towards the main roads that will get us out of the business district. Surprisingly we haven't ran into any of the bikers since we saw what they did to that man on the street. The thought of why they didn't kill the man in front of us stayed in my mind. What were they going to do with him?

The ally was very lightly lit, so it hided us from any threats, but if someone was hiding in any of the dumpsters we wouldn't know, and that was a bad thing since that ally was lined up with them. Luke was still behind me, quite close to me as if he was shielding Veronica and me. It was weird because I thought he hated me, but there was know time to think about that.

"Wait, why are we heading towards fifth?" Ashton asked, stopping and turning towards us. "Wouldn't crossing the banks be a lot quicker?"

"He's right, and we will stay out of the gangs eye for a while longer." Bea said, backing Ashton up. Ashton looked at her, surprised that she even back him up, which made me smile for some reason.

"Alright, we won't go down fifth. Ash, lead the way." Calum said and Ashton nodded before jogging towards the open road. Everything seemed fine in till a snapping sound sounded, and something was caught on Micheal's leg.

And he was pulled down towards the ground before whatever it was started dragging him.

"Michael!" Bea screamed as she ran after him. I followed suit untill Michael came to a stop.

"What is this, how do we get him out?" Veronica asked turning towards luke for an answer.

"It's a trap, we don't have time so I'm going to have to shoot it." Luke said in a rush, pushing Bea and I out of the way.

A trap? That means there was a threat near by. I looked up and sure enough a person was in a window, getting ready to shoot. I quickly grabbed the gun that Luke gave me and shot at him, hitting whoever it was right because they screamed and fell down.

"Hurry up and shoot the damn thing!" I cursed and Luke glared at me.

"I'm trying!" He shouted back and suddenly a guy came from an ally way beside us, but luckily Ashton go him before he shot any of us. Where were all of these people coming from?

"Uh, guys, we have to go now." Veronica whispered, her eyes glued in front of us. Sure enough, there was a crowd of men coming our way. I told myself not to panic, but I was anyways. We all shouted at Luke to hurry up (Along with Micheal's 'Hurry the fuck up!) and soon the trap was shot off of Micheal's leg and Veronica had grabbed him and made a run for it as I tried to shoot as many of the men down as I could.

"Come on!" Luke shouted as he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him as we followed the rest of our group. There was a siren, and the robotic voice continued with it, telling us that we had six more hours of the Purge, but I was started to doubt that we were going to survive the night.

* * *

"Are any of you a little curious about that guy?" Michael asked as we stood in front of one of the banks, watching as Calum and Luke made sure the area was empty.

"I'm just happy he was out here to save us." Bea said as she grossed her arms over her chest.

"Yea, I am to. But Michael is right, we have to be a little bit curious about them two. We were stuck out here, but they choose to be out here Tonight. Maybe he is planning on doing something nasty." Ashton said, making Bea frown at him.

But they both were right.

"You guys seriously need to learn how to whisper." Calum said, making us all jump but Michael.

"Come on," Luke said, not bothering to look back at us. Michael rolled his eyes but followed him anyways.

"Are you okay?" Veronica asked me, which surprised me but I smiled, not taking my eyes off of Luke's back as we walked.

"Yea, I'm fine." I replied before speeding up my walk so now I was walking beside him.

He sighed, "What do you want?"

"You are good with guns, I'm guessing you are a cop or something." I said, trying to be civil with him.

"And I'm guessing you are are going to be a pain in my ass." He answered which made me smile a bit.

"You are out here to Purge, aren't you." I whispered, trying to make sure no one else hears me. "I'm not going to tell the others. Just tell me what you are planning to do."

"Shut up," He said, stopping walking completely and looking at me with hard eyes. "You won't understand so shut up. All of you shut up and stop trying to figure me out, okay?"

I glared at him for a bit before I sighed.

"Fine, I'll shut up. Just keep in mind that I am shutting up because you are being an asshole, not because you told me to." I said making him glare at me.

And this made Calum laugh. They couldn't be so bad, right?