Surprise

Bradley 

When after some time Stefani rolled on her other side, I took the opportunity to find my phone and call Irina. She sounded genuinely concerned about the situation that occurred earlier that day. I let her know that it was better now, giving her only the necessary information about my girlfriend's condition and then she put Lea on the line. The little one was obviously excited to hear that Stefani was fine and wanted to come back immediately and go back to the zoo. I laughed, it was 7 pm and she would be going to bed any minute. Instead, I promised to pick her up in the morning and make up for the time we lost. She even had me swear three times that she could come over the next day. She got her determination from me so I was in no place to complain... I talked to her for a moment and later stayed on the line until she was tucked in, ready to fall asleep. Then, I located Stefani's MacBook and decided to read the script for my next movie, having nothing else to do. I leaned against the headboard, with my woman by my side and the document in front of my eyes and got to work. 

The next morning, I woke up before Stefani, who was probably still resting from the pain, and drove over to Irina's house. When I got there, I had to laugh at the view that welcomed me. Lea was already standing on the front porch, with a colorful backpack on and her favorite stuffed bunny in her arms. She ran to me as soon as I got out of the car.

"Daddy!"- she jumped into my awaiting arms, "Go to zoo?"

"No, honey. We're not going back to the zoo. But I have another surprise for you."- I replied, excited to see her reaction to it later.

"Suprise!? Tell! Tell!"- she begged, while squeezing my cheeks with her tiny hands.

"You'll see."- I said and winked at her, "Ready to go?"

"Ready!"

I strapped her in and got behind the wheel. When we got back to Stefani's, the house was silent, telling me she was still sleep. I carried Lea upstairs and into the master bedroom, knowing that she was eager to see for herself that my girl was feeling better. I put her down as soon as we entered the room and took her backpack off her shoulders. Immediately, she ran to the bed, climbed on the massive furniture with some difficulty and hugged Stefani's sleeping form.

"Honey, be gentle, you're gonna wake her."- I said.

"She's fine."- I heard the woman's sleepy voice in response, "Give me a hug, little bug."- she addresses my daughter.

"You good now?"- asked Lea, squeezing her.

"Good as new. Thank you for taking care of me yesterday."

"Daddy took care."- the toddler pointed at me, proudly.

"Yeah, Daddy takes good care of his girls, doesn't he?"- reacted my girlfriend, "Come here Daddy, cuddle with us."

I took off my jacket and shoes and approached the bed. They moved a little, giving me some space on the other side of my daughter. I stretched my arms, allowing both of them to partially lie on my chest and gave Lea a kiss on the forehead.

"Kiss Stefi too, Daddy!"- she demanded.

So I did. I put my lips on hers and took probably a little bit too long enjoying her mouth, but our little chaperone didn't seem to mind, smiling widely and clapping. What a kid!
We stayed in bed for a while, mostly listening to Lea describing everything she saw in the zoo the day before in her unique words that we pretended to understand. It was Stefani's growling stomach that motivated us to finally get up and start the day. She was slightly sore after her attack but seemed almost back to her usual self. Still in the clothes I put on her the day before, she went to the kitchen, opened the fridge and shook her head.