Rumour has it

Bradley

Neither of us knew how to react to the question. I looked at Stefani, expecting her to look mortified, but found her smirking, trying to prevent herself from laughing in my face. I squeezed her hand tighter with mine, asking for help. Apparently she was not going to offer any, because she gave Lea a quick look and said:

"Yeah, Daddy, where's the baby?"

"Really, Stef? That's how you're gonna play?"- I asked and she winked in response.

"Daddy pay!"- I heard my little one from the backseat.

I was relieved to see that we were approaching her neighborhood. I parked the car and immediately got to unpacking the trunk, trying to avoid the inquisition on behave on my two-year-old. By the time all the bags were sitting on the kitchen island, the two of them had made their way into the room and looked at me, Lea questioningly and Stefani teasingly. I sighed and sat down, putting the girl on my lap.

"Honey, there's no other baby."- I started, "You are Daddy's baby. Daddy's and Mommy's. Those men were wrong."

"Stefi?"- she looked over at my girlfriend, standing currently by the fringe, unpacking one of the bags.

"No, sweetheart, I have no babies."- she stopped what she was doing and joined us by the island.

"Stefi sad, Daddy?"

"Why do you think I'm sad, Lea?"- Stefani was the first one to react.

"Mommy has baby Lea and Daddy has baby Lea and Stefi has no baby..."- she listed, "Daddy, Lea wants Stefi's baby." 

"Honey, a baby is not a toy..."- I tried to reason. 

"Lea have toys for baby."- she announced, grinning. 

"Babe, maybe she just wants a sister or a brother to play with." 

"Baby sissy like Ana!"- Lea confirmed my woman's words in an excited tone, jumping a little on my legs.

"Anna? You know "Frozen" already, little one?" 

"Yes. Daddy, where's baby?"- and we're back to square one. 

We ate dinner and I drove Lea back to Irina's, hoping she already forgot about the weird conversation we had. Frankly, she's only two and I believe she didn't really know what she was saying. But she just basically asked me to have a baby with Stefani and that touched a spot deep inside of me. My little girl wanted siblings. And I knew that my girlfriend would love to have kids. But this early in our relationship? When she had so much going on carrier-wise? Would she even want them with me? I knew she was it, my future, and I would go ahead and get her pregnant on the spot if I knew it was her wish for right now and wouldn't make her health deteriorate... God knows how ready I was to share the experience with her. Especially since I'd known for a while I wouldn't have more kids with Irina... 

I made my way back, not even thinking about going to my own house. I hardly spent any time there anymore, craving Stefani's closeness. I locked the door, went upstairs and got into bed next to her. She was deep in thoughts so I simply wrapped my arms around her and stroked her bare tight. Maybe it was inappropriate, but the situation on the way from the store and the thinking I did just a few moments before made me very horny. I kept massaging her leg with one hand and used the other to lift the top she was wearing and touch her bare belly. 

"You will look gorgeous growing a baby in here."- I whispered. 

"Will?"- she finally looked my way. 

"You heard Lea. You need a baby and apparently she expects me to put it in here."- I said, tapping her abdomen, "And I can't say no to her." 

"And how would you do it, Mr Cooper?"