Waking the Dead 03

Tae had been up first, at 0600 as it was force of habit as a soldier, and in the process, waking Kookie. The pair made their way to the large bathroom together, at Jungkook's request, as he didn't want to go anywhere in the house alone. With no real running water, the boys had to settle for a face wash and a change of clothes. 

Jungkook snuck glances at Tae's back in the mirror as he also changed, spotting healed scars that looked like bullet holes, his dog tags clinking softly as he pulled on a black t-shirt. Tae strapped on a shoulder holster, checking his gun, he slid the magazine home, tucking it away.

"Expecting trouble?" Jungkook said softly, still staring at him in the mirror, chocolate brown eyes met soft bambi ones.

"Don't know yet...but I feel better having it nearby." Tae confessed as he pulled on his hoodie, pushing the sleeves up.

Jungkook nodded as he finished up before zipping up his overnight bag and turning to the figure leaning against the doorframe, looking both handsome and dangerous at the same time.

"Ready?"

Nodding, both headed back towards the living room.

◼◻◼◻◼

"He must've caught something." Jungkook said, as they heard Jin talking animatedly to the others as he entered the room.

Tae, however, didn't follow, as he spotted someone on the stairs. Walking passed the living room, he moved to the bottom of the lavish staircase.

 It was a boy on the cusp of manhood. He was looking out across the entryway towards the large windows framing the front door and into the front yard beyond, his eyes sad.

Tae knew instinctively who it was.

"Jimin." he said softly, watching as those sad eyes turned to him, his neck moving unnaturally, a large bump attesting to what had killed him. Blonde hair hung limply, falling just past his ears, his eyes,  once a hazelnut brown, were now milky. His t-shirt and jeans were torn and dirty.

"You're Jimin."

A slow nod, cracked lips moved slowly,  framing words he couldn't speak.

'Leave'

"I would if I could, but I can't, I have to protect him."

Those sad,  hollow eyes looked back to the windows. 

Tae turned toward the windows as well. What was the boy searching for?

Jimin began to fade out, a lonely, despondent figure.

"Tae?" 

Still staring at the now empty space, he felt a soft hand on his shoulder.

"Hyung, you okay?"

Shaking his head, he blinked. "Yeah...yeah, just fine."

"Come on, Jin hyung has something to show us."

*

*

*

"This is freaking amazing!" The blonde was busy pressing keys, clicking buttons, and re-running footage over and over again. "Taehyung check this out." Jin waved him over, pointing to the screen, he replayed what he'd captured.

Tae watched as the empty ballroom sprang to life, people, music, even the clinking of glasses could be heard clearly, couples twirled around the floor, laughing gaily.

"Wow..." Jungkook said in awe as he watched the footage.

Tae glanced at the time stamp reading four in the morning. "What time did this start?"