Chapter 16

-

-

All I can think about is how I fucking missed lunch with Dom and how fucking stupid I am because I forgot to do dialysis. Fucking fuck. I'm so fucking stupid how could I forget, it was on my fucking bedside table the whole time, how did I not see it?

I search the bedside table for my phone and I see I've had a few missed calls and texts from a couple of days ago.

One from Matt: babe, please don't be angry I don't know what I was saying, forgive me?

I'm not exactly in the mood to answer him. one from Dom: hey, how come you you didn't show up for lunch?

A missed call from Dom and Matt. For once I feel 'popular'. I mean what am I saying, that's laughable.

I answer Dom's text saying

Me: hey sorry I didn't come, turns out I've had a kidney transplant. :/

I wonder who brought me here in the first place?

Sammy walks in and her face is red and her eyes are puffy, has she been crying?

"Jasmine oh my god I'm so sorry, it's my fault I didn't remind you, I'm so sorry."

She says but chokes up a bit.

"No, no it's not your fault, I'm the one who didn't connect myself." I say whilst grabbing her hand to comfort her.

"From now on I promise to take care of you, no matter what, I've been a fucking crap foster carer and I promise I will make up for it." She says using all her will to try not to cry.

She sits down in the seat while I take a nice nap.

-

-

I wake up to fucking pain near my stomach.

"Fuck." I say and wake up.

I look around and nobodies here. I press the button and a nurse comes in.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"I have a pain near my stomach." I say almost wheezing.

"Press the green button, you can press it as many times as you want, it helps with the pain just don't press it more than 5 times a minute otherwise you will overdose." she says and gives me a smile before waking out.

I search for the green button and press it. Immediately I get a release from the pain.