Artificial Life, Part 2

In which Red Eye continues to try and learn about the strange world outside of the Snake Pit and continue training to be the best, but his plans hit a little speed bump when he's made into a makeshift speed bump.

-----

(Valt) When school lets out I make a beeline for the Beyblade park, driving through town as carefully as I can. I just got my license, so it's still kind of scary driving in a car, but I've been doing really good so far! Not a nick or a ding!

I slow down to a stop at a stoplight, waiting patiently for it to turn green before I go again. I turn a corner, and up ahead I can see the Bey park. Nice! Not a single accident on the way. Mom will be so proud of me.

I look out the right window, trying to see if I can spot that guy from yesterday. There's no way he'll beat me this time. I'll battle him again and win! I still can't see him, and I begin to frown. Is he even here? He can't have fought Honcho and I then just ditched town!

It turns out I don't have to wonder too long. The answer makes itself known sooner than I thought...

Because I look back just in time to see me hit him with my car.

"OH GODS!" I shout, scrambling out of the car and running to him. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?!" He groans loudly, his eyes held shut as he grits his teeth against the pain. "Okay, okay, okay! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Here, let me help you!"

"Nnnngh!"

"G- Give me a moment!" I yelp, opening the passenger door of my car before going and helping him up. He growls weakly almost like an animal, but he doesn't really have the strength to fight me as I lead him to the car. "I know, I'm sorry, you'll be okay!"

"Ghhh! J- just let me go! I'm fine!" I have him sit in the passenger seat, buckling him in and shutting the door.

I scramble back around, jumping into the driver's seat. "I'll get you there as soon as I can, okay? You'll be alright!"

(Red Eye) Consciousness returns to me slowly, in short bursts that don't last long.

The first time I'm being lead to a tall, white building against my will.

The second time, all these people in stark white coats try to handle me and put their hands on me. I growl and fight against them, but the people in coats overpower me and stick something in my neck. I feel tired and faint after, and I can't muster the strength to fight anymore.

The third time is the last time. I wake up on a soft box covered in cloth. A long stretch of cloth is laid over me, and a smaller soft box is laid under my head. There's a translucent wire stuck into the crook of my elbow, and it's attached to a little box filled with liquid. The box doesn't really look solid or soft, but I don't know the word to describe it.

There's no color. Everything is stark white, and the bright lights reflecting off of it hurt my eyes. "Ghhh..." My head throbs and pain shoots through my scar. "Rrk! Hngh, I- I need to get out of this place!" I yank the wire out of my right arm and stand up, looking around the room.

I stumble over to the large, rectanglular box with knobs and pull it open, finding my clothes in it. I change out of the strange, long shirt I'm dressed in and pull on my uniform. Blood is trickling down my arm in a steady stream, and I'm beginning to feel light-headed. I decide that I need to patch my arm up and look through more of the boxes with doors, finding a spool of bandages and wrapping it around my elbow.

I tie it off and put the spool back, then I shut the door to the box. There. Now I can leave this horrible place.

I open up the nearby door and leave the room, looking around the hall. Which way should I go? I don't know which way they brought me in from.