0.7

•your point of view•

I woke up the next morning, with Q's arms around my waist. I laid there, enjoying being close to him. I didn't care to check the time or even get dressed. I felt him stir in his sleep then slowly remove his arm from around me. I turned around to see him sitting up and propped myself up on my elbow, holding the sheet onto my body with my other hand.

His hair was messy and still looked half asleep but he still managed to shine a smile my way

"Good morning"

his voice was raspy yet sexy all at once. I ruffled my hair, smiling back at him.

"Morning"

I laid down as he got up and went into the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and Q poked his head out, looking at me.

"Wanna join me?" He asked in a low, seductive tone.

I smirked, "hell yeah"

I got up, walking into the bathroom. I kissed him on the cheek and stepped into the shower, Q following right after me.

———

We finished showering and Q let me get dressed in his room while he stayed in the bathroom. I gathered my underwear and the clothes I had on the night before, putting them on.

"I'm clothed now" I said loud enough for Q to hear but not loud enough to disturb the neighbors next door.

He walked out and gave me a half smile, "so uh, the parties tomorrow, it's nothing fancy. You hungry?"

"Yeah, I could eat."

"Caffebene?"

I looked at him, smiling like the idiot I am, "heck yeah"

I put on a different change of clothes and we said bye to his cats. While walking out to his car I contemplated asking him what we are. Friends? Friends with benefits? Boyfriend and girlfriend? But instead I pushed those thoughts away as we drove.

Q placed his hand on my thigh, "you alright? You're not talking much"

Damn. Am I that easy to read?

I nodded my head slightly, "Yeah, just thinking is all"

"About what?"

Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that we just fucked last night and I don't know where we stand?

"Lyrics" I lied. I stared into his brown eyes, remembering how dark they had become the night before. I didn't want to be so upfront so soon.

"Ah, well after we eat would you want to go on the Staten Island ferry? I can give you the best tour in town you know" he chuckled.

"Yeah, that sounds fun" that god damn laugh. It's so rich and beautiful.

———

"I grew up here and don't really intend to leave, it's my home." Q explained while I drank my coffee. We both talked about where we grew up and our backgrounds. I smiled at him as he kept talking about Staten Island and how he feels so lucky to have grown up there. I could feel his passion radiating and filling the room. A true New Yorker I guess.

"Anyways, hows about you tell me about about you?"

He leaned back in his seat as I set my cup down on the table.

"Well. I grew up in the countryside but I was born and lived in the city for a bit. Best of both worlds in a way. I loved both lifestyles, it was hard to choose where to actually settle down but I choose the city because my friends are there and that makes it easier to record" I told him.