A Place Called Home

"I did it! I passed!"

An excited yell in response came from the other side of my handphone. My brother Kazuya shared a lot of things with me in the past, and this time we even shared our excitement.

"Hontou?! Sugoi ne! So what class did you get in?"

"A-class! Well, I could have done better to get into the S-class though but hey, I passed anyway!"

"That's great! Hey, I gotta go for cram school already, call me later when you're free!"

"Okay! See ya and take care, Kazu!"

"See ya Rei!"

With that, the call ended and I pocketed my phone while smiling. That Kazu, I hope he won't overwork himself again and get a fever. This time, I won't be there to help him, so he'd better take care of himself.

Before noon, I had finished unpacking all my stuff and ready to go for lunch. So far, I haven't met my roommate yet although his bags were here. Or rather, roommates because of some error the school made until there now exists a room with three people living together. In the end, nobody bothered to correct that error so now I shared a room with two people instead of one.

I walked to the cafeteria, looking around for anyone I knew. Nope, of course not, I travelled all the way from Hokkaido just to get into this school to fulfill my dreams. That meant I came here to study music, not to just chicken out and simply leave. I was so caught up in my thoughts I actually bumped into a girl by the shoulders. Luckily it wasn't such a hard bump, but either way I did bumped into someone.

"Ah, sorry I wasn't looking at where I was going. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you. I was also not looking either."

A girl with yellow-green eyes and bright pinkish-orange hair, slightly shorter than me who bumped into me. Behind her, a confident looking girl with reddish-purple wavy hair popped out from behind and exclaimed.

"Hey! Isn't that the pretty boy from the examination day?! Nice to meet you, I'm Shibuya Tomochika!"

Pretty boy? When did I get such weird description? Meanwhile, the pinkish-orange haired girl introduced herself.

"I'm Nanami Haruka, nice to meet you-"

"Aizawa Rei, nice to meet you Shibuya-san and Nanami-san."

"Hehe, you don't have to be so formal with us, Aizawa-kun! I heard you came all the way from Hokkaido for this, isn't that just amazing?"

"Really? No I don't think so, Hokkaido isn't that far from here if you take the bullet train. So, what courses are you guys in?"

"I'm in the idol course and Haruka is in the composer course. What about you?"

"Ah... I'm taking both courses..."

Both of them gasped at me, a reaction I got almost every time I gave that reply.

"Wow isn't that really hard?! Sure it isn't against the rules, but to take two courses? Can you keep up with it?"

I smiled and pointed at myself confidently. My abilities... have been doubted?

"Of course! All I have to do is just do my best right? I'm already prepared for this anyway, so don't worry."

"Well, if you say so Aizawa-kun... hey we should go get our lunch already! Come join us Aizawa-kun!"

After we got our food, we joined a table with a red-haired boy and two blonde guys, one short and wearing a fedora and the other spectacled and quite tall. All of them greeted the other two while I just stood around, feeling quite out-of-place. The red-head was the first to notice me quietly joining them.