4: How to save a damsel in distress (who is undressed)

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Upon hearing Yue's scream emanating from the toilet, her roommates emerged from their respective rooms to investigate.

"What happened?" Caesar asked, banging on the toilet door.

"There's a... There's a cockroach!!"

The four boys looked at each other.

"... How big is it? Do you think you can kill it?"

"It's... it's... very big!!! It's like... almost as big as me!!?"

The boys exchanged another look.

If the cockroach was as big as her, then it was unlikely that she would be able to kill it by herself.

"Okay can you wear your clothes or wrap yourself with a towel, then we'll come in and kill it," Caesar told her through the door. The lock still couldn't be fixed, so they could open the door from the outside.

"I can't! The cockroach is in between me and the towel..."

"Then cover yourself with the shower curtain," Dylan suggested, remembering their previous toilet encounter.

"The shower curtain is missing!"

Huh - who took their shower curtain???

"Oops," Darren looked sheepish. He ran to his room and came back cradling the folded opaque plastic in his arms. "I had to borrow it as a prop for my play and forgot to put it back..."

"Er... okay. So how now?"

"Can you all cover your eyes, or like wear a blindfold or something??" Yue asked desperately.

"If we are wearing blindfolds, then how will we see where is the cockroach??" Connor pointed out.

Oh. Right.

Yue sighed.

It looked like she was going to have to let one of them come in, even though she was naked, a conclusion her roommates also came to.

After all, it didn't make sense for all of them to see her naked, and if she absolutely had to choose one... it should be the one who would matter the least.

The one who wouldn't care either way whether she was naked or not...

"Didi," she said finally, informing them of her decision.

Outside the toilet door, three guys tried to hide their snickers, while the remaining one's frown deepened.

"The rest of you go back to your rooms," Yue pleaded, "Don't stand around in the living room where you can see..."

As the three of them walked away, Caesar smacked a rolled-up magazine onto Dylan's chest. "You're up, bro."

Dylan was still confused why Yue had chosen him over Caesar, whom she seemed closer to; she was always going over to the guy's room to borrow stuff. He knocked gently on the bathroom door, signalling that he was about to enter so she could mentally prepare herself.

"C- come in.."

He kept his head down when he stepped into the toilet, but from the corner of his eye, in his peripheral view, he could still make out her fair, naked form hunched over in the bathtub.

Keeping his eyes firmly glued to the floor, he spotted the offending cockroach and gave it a few hard whacks, before grabbing her towel from behind the door and tossing it in her direction. Yue hastily covered herself while he picked up the now dead critter with the magazine paper.

When Dylan turned to her, she was looking up at him gratefully with those big eyes, like he was her knight in shining armour.

Oh boy. Here we go.

"Look..." he began, feeling the need to set her straight in case she had developed some sort of crush on him. Why else would she pick him to rescue her?

"The two of us - it's not possible. I'm not interested in you, in that way. "

"I know," she said patiently, blinking her long eyelashes at him.

"... it's not just you. I'm just not interested in most girls - "

"I know," she repeated again.

"Are you sure you know - because..."

"Dylan. I know."

She was giving him a meaningful look, as though wordlessly communicating that she understood something intrinsic about him, except he himself didn't know what it was.

"Huh - you know what?"

Yue looked around the toilet furtively, seemingly checking to see that they wouldn't be overheard. He also looked around, wondering who she expected to overhear them when they were the only ones in the toilet.

"Dylan," she finally said, her voice dropping to a low whisper.

"I know that you're gay."

__________

Author's Note:

For those who are still reading despite my lameness (I don't know why my writing is always so ridiculous - is it because I am fundamentally ridiculous as a person haha), I really am grateful. Thank you. Really. There are so many other things you could be doing or so many other better DiYue fics to read - but you are humoring me reading about Dylan being gay (What did I do to deserve this haha #blessed).

I apologise if I have inadvertently traumatised anyone by making him gay (I am referring to you @Yuni_DiYue haha) - please give me one more chapter to rectify(?) it.

✌🏽Asian Fangirl