Foreword/ Author's Note

To be honest, I was going to "retire" after writing my first DiYue story. I never knew writing fanfiction was so challenging, and now have a newfound respect for all the writers out there. But then, halfway through when I was struggling to complete my first story, I became haunted by another story - of them all living together in the same apartment in university, so much so that I had to keep teleporting myself back and forth between here and the Wang dynasty. 🤦🏽‍♀️

This idea is not new, or original (I mean them being in school, not teleportation). I am sure there are many other, better, DiYue stories where they are in university, and Dylan is a basketballer. But this idea won't let me go, so here I am - once again, writing to be free.

In this alternate universe, there is no Meteor Garden 2018 remake; F4 and Shen Yue are normal university students (as normal as they can be) who are not particularly rich, and who are all born in the same year. Since they are supposed to live in the same apartment, I didn't want Connor, Darren and Caesar graduating first one by one (then Shen Yue and Dylan will be left alone in the apartment? 🤔).  So for the sake of the story progression, they are all born in 1998, Dylan's year.

Some parts of this story may have been influenced by romance novels/movies that I have subconsciously internalised - others may be inspired/appropriated by real-life events and happenings, which to me seem to function as prompts 🤷🏽‍♀️. Once again, I wish to preface that aside from the names of the characters, everything is embellished/ completely made up, and I hope no one gets offended by what I write.

So... are you ready haha.

For more ridiculousness interspersed with some "humour", more DiYue/ F5 moments in yet another reality (as well as my sometimes/often incredibly slow updating speed)?

If you are, then come on in.