I am what could have been.

**********************************************************************

As we reached the door to my room, I had Ash open it; I carried her in and laid her on the opposite bed. Ash and C.C. went to their own room and I was left to care for her.

I guess if I were her, I'd want to be comfortable. Nikki's clothes were still soaked and I knew I needed to get them off her; but I was terrified she'd wake up and think I was trying to rape her. I grabbed a tee from my stuff and took a deep breath to steady myself.

First I removed her shoes and socks, then I unbuttoned her jeans and slid them off. I began having a million true male thoughts run through my mind and I mentally slapped myself to get past it. I gently pulled her arms out of her shirt, then sat her up and held her to me, so I could pull the top off over her head. Without looking, I unclasped her bra, slid it off, and put my tee on her.

I laid her back down and covered her up, while looking at the sickly creature before me. I felt so sorry for her. When it was time for her meds, I could only get her to stir for a few seconds; but that was enough to get her to take them.

The next morning Jake and Jinxx came in to find out what was going on. I had them get her scripts filled and after they returned I got them to sit with her, so I could get some sleep.

When I awoke, Nikki was still out cold and Jinxx was watching TV. I sat up, yawned, and lit a cigarette, "Has she woke up any?".

"No, she got restless and kicked the covers off a few times, but that was it. I gave her the medicine, there due again at six."

I got up and felt her forehead, she was still hot; I placed a cold wet cloth on her and took a shower, before I let Jinxx go.

For a couple of hours after that it was relentless, she'd get hotter and kick the blankets off; I'd cover her back up and re-wet the rag to cool her off. She finally settled down about nine and I laid back on my bed to watch TV. It was almost midnight when I heard a faint sound in the room.

NIKKI'S POV:

I opened my eyes to see a ceiling above me, hear a TV was on, and I was laying in a warm bed. I could see the lower half of a man's body lying on the other bed and I began to get scared. I tried to sit up but was too weak; and when I tried to speak all that came out was a dry raspy whisper, "Hello?".

The man jumped and ran over to me, "Nikki, I'm Andy. Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you."

"Where am I?", I asked staring at the unknown man now sitting next to me.

"In my hotel room, you're sick and I've been taking care of you."

I wanted to ask more questions but I began coughing non-stop, "I'm thirsty."

This Andy person got a gatorade out of the mini-fridge, he lifted me up and sat down behind me; he rested my back against his chest and held the bottle while I drank. "You had enough?", he asked when I moved my head.

"Yes, thank you."

"Okay, before I lay you back down, you have to take your medicine." He showed me the bottles, assuring me I wasn't being drugged by a sick-o.

I took them and he gently laid me back on the bed, "Do you want anything else?".

I shook my head and he returned to his bed, I watched the kind stranger who lay across from me for a few minutes before I dozed off to sleep again.

I awoke in the middle of the night having to pee, and all the lights were off; I managed to stand up but my legs felt wobbly. After a few steps I fell over on Andy's bed; he shot up, turned on the light, and looked at me through half-opened eyes.

"Sorry, I have to use the bathroom but I'm a little weak."

"It's okay.", he answered getting up and helping me.

When I finished he was waiting outside the door, I took a few steps before my legs gave out again. In an instant, he swooped me up in his arms and carried me back to my bed. "If you need to get up, tell me okay?"

I nodded and snuggled back into my pillow.

**********************************************************************

And the countdown begins...

Two months, before we meet these guys again. Can't wait!