Our time has come....

**********************************************************************

NIKKI'S POV:

After he left, I laid back down on my table, covering my eyes with my arm; Lex stepped in but didn't speak, "What is it Lex?".

"How did you know it was me?"

"I can hear you breathe, I know the difference between you and Oli."

"Oh. Sooo, HE'S your Andy huh?", he asked hopping up on the counter.

"Not mine!"

"You know what I meant,", he grumbled.

"Yes. He's Layla's dad! Why?", I asked getting irritated.

"Sorrry, I was just wondering. You wanna hook up tonight?"

"Not tonight, I just want to go to bed."

"Some other time then?"

"Yeah sure.", I said getting up and walking out to Oli. "Any more on the book?"

"Nope.", she answered.

"Alright guys, let's lock it up. I want to get out of here." I drove straight home, took my pills and crashed.

The following week was fairly busy with kids still running high off the weekend concert, no complaints thought, the bands make me money.

I was pumped and full of energy when I got up this morning; I did the whole 'dolling up' thing and threw on a BVB tank, necklace, and leggings. It was almost noon and I had just finished another Metallica logo on some kids arm; when I stepped out, I hollered, "Oli, who's next?".

"We are!", came a chorus from Ash, Jake, Jinxx, and C.C.

"Oh God! Andy has loose lips."

"You know he can't keep a secret.", Jinxx said hugging me tight.

"Especially when the secret's as pretty as you!", C.C. added. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too!", I answered hugging him also.

"Well, you look like a walking advertisement.", Jake commented on my outfit.

"I must have sensed you were coming.", I laughed and winked at him.

Ashley grabbed my chin and planted a heated kiss on my lips, "Hey sexy lady!".

"Ash, that shit didn't work five years ago, and it don't work now."

"It was worth a try!", he shrugged.

"So, did you come for some of my beautiful artwork?"

"No, just to see you.", Jake chimed in.

"Well, fuck you! I don't eat on air, get out! This place is for paying customers!", I grinned messing with them.

"Hey! You let Andy stay!", C.C. stated.

"He also paid for a tattoo. Anyway, you guys know I can handle you as a group; but next time come in one at a time... You're going to kill Oli!", I giggled pointing at her.

Poor Oli turned three shades of red, she was 'fangirling' so hard; I winked at Ash, who took the hint and walked over to her. "Sooo...", I said turning back to the group.

Jinxx took the lead, "Do you want to go out with us tonight?".

"I'd love too but seeing ya'll just gave me some inspiration, I think I'm going to stay here and sketch tonight. Maybe next week?", I suggested.

"Sure sweetie.", he answered.

"When I'm done, I want ya'll to come back and sign them okay?"

"We will, see ya later Nikki!", Jake said.

"See ya! And tell Sam and Ella I love them!", I said following them to the door. I turned to Oli who looked like she was about to explode, "What is it Oli?".

"He asked me out!"

"I figured as much. Remember, he's a player!"

"I know, but I can play too!"

"Oh Lord!", I rolled my eyes.

I did four or five more tats before we closed up for the night. "Nik, you coming?", Lex asked stepping into my room.

"Nah, I'm sketching tonight. Just hit the lights when you leave please."

"K, hasta manana!"

"Manana", I answered as he left.

The shop was pitch black, except for the small lamp over my desk in the corner; I worked for hours on these designs, I don't know why I hadn't thought of them before. I just finished my fourth, Jake's, and began the last; I worked the base, the eyes, the title... THE PROPHET.

I sighed, rubbed my eyes, then stood up to stretch and get a beer; I keep the mini-fridge stocked full for nights like this. I sat back down, lit a cig, and cracked the lid; thumping it across the room; I took a nice long gulp before setting it on the shelf above me. I propped up on my arm, resting my head in the palm of my hand as I went back to work, drawing in Andy's old face paint.

The bell over the door jingled and I jumped, "LEX!?!".

"No, guess again.", sang the sexy voice in the darkness.

"Lock the door, will you? If that damn boy forgets to lock the door just one more time. You could've been a murdering rapist!", I fumed.

"But I'm not.", he chuckled turning to the door.

"Lucky for me. So, what are you out doing?", I asked spinning around in my chair.

"Just riding around."

"Mmm-Hmm. How'd you know I was here?"

"The guys told me."

"They're as bad as you are.", I laughed. "Want a beer?"

"Sure.", he answered then asked, "What are you still doing here?"

"Sketching some new tats.", I said handing the beer to him and sitting down.

He stepped closer and leaned over me, thumbing through the designs scattered there. God he smells so good! "They're good!"

"Thanks, I want ya'll to sign them when there done, to make it part of the design."

"Cool.", he answered as I picked up my bottle and continued drinking. "Aren't you going to finish mine?"

"I can't work with you hanging over me."

He leveled his head with mine, with those smoldering eyes looking through me, "Then do you wanna go for a ride?".

"Yeah. I do.", I smiled. I grabbed a half case from the fridge, killed the lights and locked up.

**********************************************************************