Part 3

After your outburst you suddenly found it in you to speak your mind. Before you'd only speak when spoken to, not wanting to seem ungrateful for the help you were being provided. Now if you didn't want to do something, or you needed a break, you didn't hesitate to say so. It was liberating, and no one gave you crap for it, not even Klaus.

In fact, Klaus was oddly quiet now. It was somehow both relieving and kind of unsettling. You weren't sure why, but you felt that this was entirely abnormal for him.

You were harshly brought out of your thoughts when your ears registered what Freya said.

"There's nothing else I can do."

You blinked, feeling panic bubble in your chest. "What do you mean?"

"I've done everything I can think of to bring your memories back."

"Not everything," Klaus muttered.

Your eyes snapped to his, unsure if he was being his usual self or not.

"Niklaus," Elijah muttered. The others glared at Klaus, seeming to want him to shut up.

"Come now, brother, you heard Y/N the other day: They make their own decisions. Let them make this one."

"Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" You interrupted.

Freya sighed. "There is one other spell I could do. But," she added, "it would be incredibly painful. And that's if it works."

You raised your eyebrows at her.

"It's possible you were compelled to forget everything. If that's the case, I could try and undo the compulsion."

Excitement was growing in you, but you restrained yourself. "What are the risks?"

"Immense pain, exhaustion, possibly to the point of passing out."

You wanted to say yes. You wanted your memories back. But you didn't want to be in pain. Since no one had brought it up (or seemed to want to in the first place), it was probably going to be really bad.

You chewed your bottom lip for a long few minutes, mulling it over. You looked back up at them.

"Let's do it."