The First Night

It’s been a few days since Arthit became a werewolf. After his turning, Kongpob had ordered him to stay within their territory, since going back to the shop and his apartment was still deemed dangerous. So, Arthit is staying with Kongpob for the mean time.

    Which poses some complications Arthit hasn’t been aware would be possible.

    Well . . . to consider it as a complication depends on who looks at it.

    The first night Arthit slept in Kongpob’s room, Dae had given him the stink eye and Aim kept on smirking at him.

    It was confusing to say the least, but Arthtit wasn’t aware of what could happen with his stay at his junior’s place; to him, they’re just two guys sharing a room for the mean time.

    It started with Kongpob fidgeting around his room while Arthit stood still beside the bed, watching the young alpha clean his already pristine room.

    “You should take the bed, P’Arthit,” was what Kongpob had said.

    “What – no, no . . . I’m the one imposing, I can take the floor.”

    “Don’t be silly,” Kongpob shook his head, “You’re a visitor. I can’t have you sleeping on the floor.”

    Having been a werewolf for some time now, Arthit had noticed the spike no Kongpob’s heartbeat, but he doesn’t know what to make of that since he’s the one imposing on the guy.

    Aim told him that he’s pretty good at controlling his senses, a thing Arthit was proud of. At first, tuning out all the sounds of the surroundings had proven to be difficult, but when Arthit started focusing on a single noise, a sound of some sort no matter how small it was, it got easier to control.

    So the change in Kongpob’s breathing wasn’t left unnoticed.

    “Well we’re going to have to share the bed then,” Arthit proposed, “If you’re okay with that.”

    “Yeah,” Kongpob nodded, giving him a smile, “Yeah that’s probably the best.”

    Arthit had a quick shower before going to sleep, and when he came out of the bathroom he noticed how Kongpob shifted his gaze away from him, which made him quirk a brow.

    He understood why when Kongpob himself emerged from his bath.

    Arthit was on the bed just casually browsing his phone. There’s a distinct smell in Kongpob’s room that he could only attribute to the smell of home; safe and comforting. And when the young alpha got out of the shower, Arthit’s senses went into overdrive.

    A blush immediately peppered his cheeks when he realized that he’s shared the same soap and shampoo as Kongpob, and with his heightened senses, Arthit could smell the same minty scent on both of their skins.

    He kept his gaze on his phone, reigning his rising temperature in because he knew that if he can notice the changes in Kongpob’s, Arthit’s sure the alpha could do the same.

    And when they’re about to go to sleep, with Kongpob just inches away from him, Arthit had the sudden urge to touch, an urge strong enough to make him clench his fist as to keep himself from doing anything he’d regret in the morning.

    Arthit was glad for the distraction when Kongpob spoke, “Goodnight, P’Arthit.”

    “Goodnight,”

    The alpha then shifted on his side of the bed, and Arthit was aware of the warmth emanating from Kongpob’s body, and it took most of his willpower not to sneak a look at the guy.

    With Kongpob this near to him, Arthit was reminded of the scent the first time he awakened as a werewolf. Underneath the minty scent of the soap from the shower earlier, the summer night emerges. It calmed him down, and when he closed his eyes he could just picture a scenery where he’s sitting on a meadow overlooking the city at night, casually watching the stars as the summer wind blows by.

    He gave an involuntary smile. Arthit had been smelling this particular scent on Kongpob’s which confused him at first because the others didn’t smell anything like their alpha; Dae smelt of clean soap like he always just got out of shower, Aim smelt of flowers for some reason, a scent Arthit didn’t attribute with the guy, and the other, Tew, smelt of water flowing in the crevices of the earth on a forest.

    But Kongpob . . . Kongpob smelt something different, far beyond the scent he smells whenever he’s near the alpha. Kongpob’s scent made him feel relaxed and comfortable and . . .

    “What’s on your mind, P’Arthit?” Kongpob had interrupted his train of thought, opening his eyes to pay attention.

    “Nothing,” he muttered.

    “Weirdly, I can feel you thinking,” explained Kongpob.

    They went silent after that, Arthit thought that was the end of their small talk, but the alpha continued.

    “I’m sorry,”

    “Why are you apologizing?” this time, Arthit turned to look at Kongpob. It was dark, but with his enhanced vision he could see the sad smile on the alpha’s lips.

    Kongpob shifted again, closer this time, and said, “This probably wasn’t part of your goals in life . . . Being a werewolf, I mean.”

    Arthit had thought about it. He wasn’t exactly thrilled that he was no longer human, but he owed his life to Kongpob and the rest of the pack. If it weren’t for them he’d probably been taken hostage by the Rung pack, or worse . . . dead.

    “Shit happens,” was what Arthit replied. “You never know what’s going to happen.” He shifted on his side, hugging an extra pillow, and to Kongpob he smiled and said, “Besides, being a werewolf isn’t so bad.”

    Kongpob gave out a lowly chuckle, saying, “Wait until the full moon. You’ll enjoy it.”

    He hummed. Arthit could already feel his eyes drooping, so he closed them.

    In the comfort of the darkness the night offered, and the safety he felt with his alpha beside him, something stirred inside Arthit – his ‘wolf’ as the others liked to call it – a separate entity that resides deep within a werewolf’s consciousness, howled in excitement inside him.

--
AN
Something short for you guys.