The Council

Boring stuff...

--

Inside an abandoned warehouse, a circle starts to form. Werewolves of different packs starts to gather, and leading them all are their alphas, walking tall and proud filling the venue with a tense air.

    This night’s council meeting intends to discuss the attack that had happened at the neutral zone. The one in question – the Rung pack, stands by the side as the rest of the werewolves enter the building.

    It’s not uncommon for the council to gather, but it’s rather rare. Mostly, information was delivered through messengers, and the only time they meet face to face was to discuss matters of great importance, and that includes violations of were-laws.

    Just outside the warehouse, Kongpob’s pack walks. With their alpha stand Dae and Tew, and their newly added member, Arthit.

    Although technically part of the pack, Aim was asked to stay behind, roaming the skies as surveillance.

    The council meeting was strictly a werewolf gathering, and it doesn’t matter if Aim was part of the pack or not. He’s a shifter.

    Behind Kongpob, Arthit chews on his lips as a nervous habit. This is his first time meeting other werewolves aside from his pack, and this is his first time at a council meeting. He doesn’t know if the others would take kindly to him, but Kongpob had reassured his safety.

    Beside the alpha, Dae puts on a stoic face, trying to not show any kind of emotion that would make the others look down on them. He’s Kongpob’s first beta, and thus serves as his right hand man – something Dae takes seriously.

    As with Arthit, this is also Dae’s first time at a council meeting. Having been a werewolf for a while now, he hasn’t had many chances of meeting any other werewolves aside from his pack which makes him antsy somehow.

    The last of the Kong pack, Tew hides his smirk. Dae may have hid what he’s feeling by putting on a straight face, but there’s nothing that goes past his hearing, a blessing he’s had when he was turned as a wolf.

    “Remember what I told you earlier,” Their alpha, Kongpob mutters under his breath.

    The pack gives a collective nod, looking ahead as they near their destination.

    “Don’t say anything,”

    “Don’t look an alpha straight into their eyes,”

    “Only say what is asked and nothing more.”

    Unlike the betas, this is Kongpob’s third time on a council meeting. Being an alpha himself earned him a seat at the said council, and he’s already been briefed on what tonight’s agenda was through the letter he was sent with.

    It’s about the violation of were-law by the Rung pack, but to Kongpob, it’s so much more.

    Depending on the outcome of this meeting, Arthit’s future is still uncertain.

    Kongpob had known that it’s only a matter of time before the council summons them. He had initially thought of leaving Arthit at the base with Aim if that happens, but the invitation specifically asked for Arthit’s presence, which hints the alpha that the others are also in question of the motive behind the Rung’s attack that night.

    When their pack enters the building the wolves inside immediately turns their attention to them.

    Arthit almost falters in his step by the pressure, while Dae and Tew reign their selves on the spot.