The Brewmaster Part 3

After everyone’s blood got drawn by the Brewmaster, Bright, Arthit is left to catch up with his friends.

    Kongpob hadn’t told him about their plans for the day, and since the alpha hasn’t spoken against Arthit asking for some time to talk to the group, he pulls Knott and the gang to the couches as Dae and the rest of the pack figure out what to order for lunch.

    Bright is left on his own devices at the backroom; eagerly wanting to work on Arthit’s blood anomaly, so they let him be.

    Arthit thinks he can’t handle his friend’s overly large personality in a room full of people – well . . . mostly people.

    “How are you holding up?” asks Knott, looking at him with such worry Arthit appreciates.

    “I’m doing good,” he says lowly; although Kongpob and the rest of the pack can probably hear him.

    “It . . . it was difficult at first – you know, the werewolf thing,” Arthit continues, mumbling under his breath before sighing, “But Kongpob and the rest were there to help me.”

    “I heard about the attack,” Knott says, “From the rest of the hunters. It’s rare – to operate something like that in the neutral zone. Even us hunters don’t make business there.”

    “I didn’t even know they were after me,” Arthit whispers, studying his palms instead of looking at his friends. He almost died that night, and if Kongpob hadn’t helped him Arthit probably would have; or worse, the Rung pack and that vampire doctor perform experiments on him until he dies.

    He shivers.

    Arthit can already feel Kongpob’s eyes on him, making him keep his head low. Somehow, after Bright was done drawing blood from Kongpob, the alpha became quiet.

    He doesn’t know what to make of it, and he would have pressed on if he can, but his friends were present, and Arthit has taken some form of comfort knowing that the gang is here with him.

    “They say it’s dangerous?” Prem interjects, “Your blood, I mean.”

    They hear a growl from a distance, and they all turn to look at Kongpob and the others.

    “News travels fast,” Knott holds his hands up in defense of Prem, not wanting to upset the alpha in the room. “Information leaks even in a were-council.”

    “Coming from a hunter, that’s quite troubling,” Kongpob frowns.

    “We have our sources, just like you have yours,” Knott stands his ground. “And we have an accord. Information like these are relevant to us all, don’t you think.”

    The alpha holds his gaze at Knott before shifting it at Arthit’s. He gives Kongpob a stern look as if asking the alpha to stand down.

    Surprisingly, Kongpob holds his head low, turning back to his pack mates to resume their conversation.

    When Arthit turns back to Knott, he’s greeted by a raised brow, and an open mouthed Prem.

    “What?”

    “Nothing,” Knott shakes his head, shifting his gaze between Arthit and Kongpob.

--

When their food arrives, they cram themselves on a long table in Bright’s bar.

    Their host, the Brewmaster, is still currently in the confines of the backroom. And when they called for him they only got a ‘Don’t miss me too much, Arthit!’ so they let him be.