The Curse ~Chapter Five~

SORRY IT'S TAKEN SO LONG!

ENJOY! xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five

After Chloe had settled down, and was comfortable I realised I only had two hours left till sunset and still needed to go shopping.

"Is there anything you need?" I asked her.

"No, I'm good thanks," she replied with a smile.

I drove into town and went to the local supermarket, picking up the items I had on my list. When I had finally paid I saw I only had half an hour left.

I returned back to the cabin and unpacked the food. Just as I was putting away the last item Chloe came into the kitchen,

"What's in the locked room?" she asked curiously.

"Erm..." I tried to recall what room she was on about. "Oh, that's Gavin's office. I never found the key so I could never get into it."

"Huh," was her reply.

"We should get ready, it's almost time." I told her walking through the living room. Chloe followed.

I explained to Chloe the system Gavin used when I first moved in to find my way back to the cabin in the morning. When she understood, I stripped down out of all my clothes and walked out into the forest.

"Tianna, what are you doing?" Chloe asked confused.

"I find it easier to strip down now, then lose my clothes out there," I replied. "See you in the morning." I said as I walked off into the forest following the setting sun and pink sky.

~Vision~

I'm soaring over the tree tops. Hunting for food.

I hear small scurries on the falling leaves on the ground below. Dinner.

I swoop. I snatch.

I fly back towards my tree, looking towards the horizon I see the beginning of a sunrise.

When I awakened, naked and on the cold ground, judging by the position of the sun I guess it is mid-morning.

I stand slowly and stretch, hearing my bones make a 'pop' sound.

Making my way back to the cabin I recall my vision of last night. Flying over treetops and catching small live rodents. Bile rises to my throat the thought of eating small rodents.

It was the third time that I've been able to recall my night. I'm not sure why this has started to happen, maybe it's because I've been cursed for so long now. I take in a deep breath as I walk into the cabin.

I smell the remains of cooked bacon and coffee, so I know Chloe made it back safe and sound.

"Chloe?" I call out to her walking into the living expecting to see her there.

"I'm up here!" she called back from up stairs.

I walk up stairs making thinking she would be snooping around for some clothes or something around in my bedroom. But when I got to the top of the stairs I saw the door to Gavin's locked office.

Eyes wide I walk in to the small crowded room for the first time since arriving at the Cabin. There is a small desk against the wall with a desk chair tucked under and an out-dated computer sitting on it, there are also loads of newspaper cutting cover the desk. I look around the room and notice all the walls are also covered in newspaper clippings. As I walk toward one I step on a large pile of newspapers. I bent down and picked it up it was dated three days before Gavin's death. I hear the sound of rummaging and notice Chloe on her knees searching through a small cabinet.

"Chloe, how did you get in here?' I ask her bewildered. I had tried everything to get into the room, but I could find no key and failed at trying to pick the lock.

"Picked the lock," she stated.

Well, it's not like I've ever picked a lock before, I had no idea how to actually do it.

"What is with all these newspapers?" she asked me.

"I don't know," I told her walking towards the wall again. "This was Gavin's office. He never let me in here." I read the headline to one article. PENGUIN IN BRAZIL?

I frowned why would there be a penguin in Brazil?

I looked at some other headlines, each with strange animal sittings. CHIMPANZEE SUNBATHING ON LAGUNA BEACH and another that said MOOSE STROLLING THE STREETS OF NEW YORK.

"Have you read any of these headlines?" I asked turning to look at Chloe.

"Yeah," she said still rummaging around in the cabinet drawers. "They're all about animals being spotted in strange places."

"Why do you think that's happening?" I turned back around to read some more headlines.

"I don't know," she said. "But -" she stopped. "This has your name on it."

I turned to see her looking at me, holding out a large envelope. On it was written 'Tianna'. I took it recognizing the handwriting immediately.

"Gavin," I whispered.

I turned it over and open it, taking out the contents. I find one piece of paper again in his hand writing addressing me.

Dear Tianna,

The only reason possible for you to be reading this, is that I am now dead. I had a feeling this day would come with being cursed to turn into a bear.

As you may be aware this room is covered in paper clippings. I've been trying to hunt down the man who did this to us. My only bet was looking through news paper clippings of strange animal sittings.

It makes sense really, a penguin in Brazil isn't exactly normal now is it?

I know this is going to be hard for you. Being alone once again, but there are others out there just like us.

Find them!

Maybe if you find them, you can find him. Then maybe he can remove your curse and you can live like a normal teenager should.

As you know I've got no other family, so everything I own goes to you. The cabin and all my money and valuables. When my grandmother died, when I was younger she left everything to me, all my parents money they had, I put it into another account which all the details are attached to with this letter. That money is now yours.

Take care of yourself, Tianna.

Please be careful. I am glad you turned up on my doorstep all those years ago, you've been like a daughter to me. It's been nice having company again especially someone just like me.

I know you will find others, you won't always be alone.

Good luck,

Gavin x

I wipe the back of my hand across my eyes, collecting the lose tears.

"What does it say?" Chloe asked standing and walking over to me. I hand her the letter for her to read, why going through the others pieces of paper he had left me.

"So that's what all those articles are?" she asked handing back the letter. "People like us?"

"Possibly," I say. "Some might actually just be animals getting lost from their natural habitats. There's no way all these can be people like us.'

"So what are you going to do now?" she asked.

I had made my mind up the minute I had finished reading Gavin's letter. The opportunity to find this guy and be normal again, it was all I ever wanted. Gavin had provided me with everything I was going to need.

"Well I never did find school useful," I said smile at Chloe. "And if you ask me, I think I deserve a good LONG holiday after everything that's happened. A trip around the world." I smirked.

She smiled back. "Well you can count me in, too." she hesitated. "If that's ok with you?" she blushed.

I laughed. "Of course, you're coming too. We have to stick together."