01| JUNE 3RD

01| JUNE 3RD

[ Chapter One ]

❝She already had a lot on her mind, and she really didn't need more. ❞

[Before Season 4 of Teen Wolf]

>> >> >>

The Summer Before Junior Year (June 3)

The summer before junior year, Lilianna Dunbar got a job at a local pizzeria as a waitress. She only had a two week vacation plan this year as her stepfather was busy at the hospital. She decided to get a job so she wouldn't be bored as it wasn't that she needed money due to her parents being well off.

The pizzeria wasn't the nicest establishment in Beacon Hills but it was still fairly cute. Lilianna loved the retro vibe it had to it and the clientele was usually pretty friendly. She started her job in May, where she only worked weekends for a few hours and then started to work more hours come the end of the school year in early June.

On this particular day, Lilianna was working a late shift. She had pulled her hair up into a bun and put her uniform on, smoothing the skirt down over her legs. Luckily, the uniform made her feel comfortable working on the job. She put her notebook in her apron pocket and stuck a pen behind her ear before she washed her hands and looked out into the restaurant.

The pizzeria was fairly busy due to it being seven o'clock which was when many people got off work. She smoothed her hair down and tried to see if Brett had come. Sometimes, he decided to keep her company at her job when she had to work nights but she couldn't see him.

She pushed open the door from the locker room and greeted the cooks as well as her boss who gave her a list of tables she would be waiting on for the night. She then met up with the other two waitresses who were currently working their shift.

Lilianna walked over to the first table, a smile bright on her face as she asked the couple sitting down for their order, "Welcome to La Bella Pizzeria. May I take your order?"

When she had finished taking their order, she set down a basket of breadsticks and turned around. She quickly walked over to the main counter and leaned over it as she shouted the order to one of the chefs.

She then turned around and walked to her next table where two boys her age sat. One of them was fairly pale and the other had darker skin. She pulled the pen out from behind her ear again and recited her line for the second time that night, "Welcome to La Bella Pizzeria. May I take your order?"

Both boys looked up at her as she smiled at them. The pale one just stared at her, his eyes wide and didn't speak until the other boy nudged him and then they both ordered. She raised an eyebrow at both of them but took down their orders.

She didn't recognize either boy and then realized that they probably attended Beacon Hills High School and not Devenford Prep which was where she went to school. When she went back over to the kitchen, she noticed Brett sitting on a bar stool. She grinned and went over to say hi to him before she got the drinks for her first table.

"Brett! I didn't think you'd come tonight." She grinned as she hugged him. He was a lot taller than her so even when she stood on her tiptoes, she was still shorter.

"Did you seriously think I'd let you take a night shift and not visit you?" Brett asked and then motioned to the boys she had served, "They were totally checking you out, Lil."

"No they weren't." Lilianna shook her head.

"Well. One of them sure was." Brett grinned at his best friend who blushed.

"Shut up. I'm not interested." She responded, "I have too much on my plate. I don't need a boyfriend."

"I never said you did." Brett answered, "Anyways. Can I order?"

She raised an eyebrow and said sarcastically, "And here I just thought you were satisfied with the pleasure of my company."

"Come on, Dunbar." Brett whined.

Lilianna laughed and pulled out her notebook, "I'm just messing with you. What would you like to eat?"

"The usual." Brett grinned.

"I hope you're not expecting it to be on the house." Lilianna looked at him pointedly. Brett often got his food for free or a discount due to Lilianna being his best friend and working there, however, Lilianna sometimes had to force him to pay so her boss wouldn't get mad.

"Relax, Lil. I'll pay for it tonight." Brett answered and at Lilianna's suspicious look he added, "I promise."

"You say that now, Brett." She laughed and then walked back over to the kitchen.

>> >> >>

Lilianna's shift ended at 1 AM and she was one of the last people to leave the restaurant. As she hung up her apron and grabbed her backpack, she looked around the locker room, making sure she didn't leave anything behind that was meant to be taken with her.

She walked out to her car, but not before saying goodbye to the two cooks who were still left in the restaurant. She opened the door, pulling her hair down from it's bun and looking out her dashboard window at the moon which was almost full. She sighed and backed out of the parking lot and drove home to her house.

Her house was quiet, her dad having taken a night shift at the hospital, and her mom already being asleep. She knocked on her brother's door but there was no answer. She pushed the door open, expecting to see him asleep but his bed was made and and there was no sign of her younger brother.

She sighed, hoping that she wouldn't have to go pick him up. She was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. She shot him a text and gave a sigh of relief when he texted back saying he was staying over at Mason's.

She headed up to her room and got ready for bed. As she got into bed, she recounted the day and thought about the two boys in the booth wondering why one of them had stared at her for so long. She'd only had one boyfriend and it had ended in disaster and since then, she'd thought herself undateable, but maybe she was wrong.

She shook her head quickly dismissing the thought. She was going to stand by what she had said to Brett. She didn't have time for a boyfriend. She already had a lot on her mind, and she really didn't need more.

>> >> >> 

Word Count: 1128

Hey guys! College is stressful but I am here and excited to start this book!

I have recently been rewatching Teen Wolf so I am going to finally start this book. This is a bit of a filler chapter in order to explain when Stiles and Lilianna first met (though they don't really know each other yet).  The next chapter will be in season four!

What did you guys think? What do you guys think of Lilianna? 

I love you all and will hopefully see you soon for Chapter 2!

POSTED ON:

4. 18. 19