04| WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?

[ Chapter Four ]

❝I saw you get dragged to the roof. If something bad happened, you need to let me know.❞

[The Benefactor]

>> >> >>

Lilianna jumped in her car without telling her step-dad where she was going. She didn't know where her brother had gone but she assumed that that animal thing had taken him. She didn't want to think about the alternative.

When Lilianna arrived home she noticed that all the lights were out. It wasn't that late at night so it obviously surprised her. Her step-dad was obviously still at the hospital but her mom should have been home. Lilianna turned off her ignition and stepped out of her car, hurrying to the door before heading straight up to her brother's room.

However, there was no sign that Liam was in there or had been in there that night. Lilianna sighed before retreating downstairs. She knew she wouldn't sleep well that night so she made herself a cup of caffeinated tea and turned on the TV before switching to a cooking channel that she could watch mindlessly.

She picked up her phone, hoping that a text message letting her know that her brother was okay would be on the screen but all she saw was a text from Brett, wondering when she was working. She answered it and set her phone down again, picking up her homework. She almost forgot how much homework she had as she was too busy worrying about her little brother.

Lilianna sped through her English homework while some contestants on a popular cooking show freaked out about how little time they had to make some famous dish.

Lilianna was in the middle of her science homework when she started dozing off but jerked awake the second she heard a key in the door.

"Liam?" Lilianna whispered.

Liam's head appeared as he peered around the corner at her, "Hi. Yeah, um. I'm just going to go to bed."

"It's like midnight, Li. Where have you been?" Lilianna stared at her brother, "Are you okay?"

"I=" Liam looked around nervously before coming into the living room, "I'm fine Lils. I just, went to Mason's. Sorry that I didn't tell you."

"This whole time you were at Mason's?" Lilianna asked, "I saw you get dragged to the roof. If something bad happened, you need to let me know."

"Nothing happened Lils. Some maniac dragged me to the roof and someone else helped me. I'm fine though and the police caught him. I just went to Mason's to cool off." Liam responded, but Lilianna could tell he wasn't telling her the truth, however she knew he wouldn't tell her anything else now so she let him be.

"Fine. Li. You don't have to tell me tonight. Just do your homework and go to bed. We can talk tomorrow." Lilianna sighed.

Liam nodded, not arguing with his sister. He didn't want to tell her what happened because he knew that she'd freak out and he didn't want anything getting back to their parents. He had no idea what had happened and telling his sister about it wasn't going to get him any more answers.